Cocu, opposing the opposition?

RoyMac5

Cocu, opposing the opposition?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Mel brought that on himself.

he made it a thing that Cocu didn’t know the league and therefore he would add Liam Rosenior to the coaching team, who did.

a bit like when he accused mac1 of having no plan B, so Paul clement kept pissing about with different formations in search of a plan b, and to show everyone what a very clever man he was.

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Logically no, their strengths are unlikely to be our strengths etc and we don't have adaptable players.

As a short term expedient to get a bit of solidity away from home possibly. But it doesn't seem to be working....

I can’t work whether our players don’t understand how to do it; or aren’t skilled enough to carry it out, or whether the opposition don’t realise they’re being ‘opposed’ and carry on and beat us anyway. (In away games at least.)

Whilst i understand we have a lot of injuries at the moment that necessitate changing the team and formation i still dont really think we should change the formation/players every game. Find one formation and play that every game. If we change formation/players depending on who we are playing we weaken ourselves whilst allowing the opposition to always play to their strengths. Our players arent good enough to keep constantly adapting to new tactics, etc.

10 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I can’t work whether our players don’t understand how to do it; or aren’t skilled enough to carry it out, or whether the opposition don’t realise they’re being ‘opposed’ and carry on and beat us anyway. (In away games at least.)

How is it supposed to work? Everyone knows that Bradley Dack is Blackburn’s danger man. Therefore would the plan be to put a man to man marker on him? We had five defenders plus a holding midfielder. Is the holding midfielder going to neutralise Dack?

well it didn’t happen. Bielik never tracked him and Dack was still allowed to pop up all over the place. 

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

They don't understand how to do it. Simple. 

BTW I am writing this from across the street from "your" house in Harar. 

2 minutes ago, MikeS said:

Who do we have to man mark these days? Shinnie maybe but injured, Holmes maybe but just too light. Bielik, not his game and too slow.

Evans? Malone? 

P.s. what was the point of bielik then?

At this level, there’s probably a couple of teams you would expect to set up against to stop their game. Otherwise every other team is there or there about the same quality, so you’d think we would play to our strengths —— but that’s the biggest problem for cocu I think, we don’t really have any strengths ?

I remember Rowett talking about Mac1 Derby.

That they knew exactly how we were going to play but that we were so good that it didn’t really matter.

I don’t really have an opinion on your question as I would need to watch us.

I just thought I’d share that useless information with you.

My feeling is that it’s negative but could be down to a poor injury hit squad that’s short on confidence?

(that’s my after thought opinion)

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

If sometimes had been very occasionally I would have gone with that, but in the Championship there are very few teams that deserve that amount of respect.

This. It is a poor league, defending at times is farcical. Over the years The teams that end up top or near there attack attack attack. If you create the chances in the championship you will score. But there lies the issue we dont create enough. Preston came to PP and they were 2nd in the league and rubbish, we attacked them played well and won. I dont understand why we have not persevered with this. Rooney may change all that, I hope. 24 sleeps and counting.

i really am getting fed up with all the swapping about,we need to put out the team that played preston(as near as possible given injuries)home and away with the same instructions and try to get a bit of coordination and understanding between the players.at present with all the changing,nobody has a clue.into december now and we dont have a first eleven or identity.let the opposition worry about us,not the other way round

Any decent manager will study the opposition and look to exploit weaknesses and stop their strengths. Teams do it to us all the time, early crosses and pressing certain players.

For me this is not the problem, our core of players are weak, we have no pace, no creative players and a defence that belongs to a bottom half team. 

17 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

For me this is not the problem, our core of players are weak, we have no pace, no creative players and a defence that belongs to a bottom half team. 

Why does he keep swapping about so much then, they're all crap pick a formation and practice it?

Archived