Marco Silva

Sith Happens

Gone then. 

No surprise.

Should not have got rid of big sam, another club and fanbase who feel they are entitled.

Hope they are playing championship football next season 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only surprise is he even took charge of the last couple of games. They’ve had a dreadful start to the season, fully deserved sacking with the run of form they’ve been on. Has to be said mind, if David Moyes is genuinely their next hope, then we could well have a trip to Goodison next year.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Only surprise is he even took charge of the last couple of games. They’ve had a dreadful start to the season, fully deserved sacking with the run of form they’ve been on. Has to be said mind, if David Moyes is genuinely their next hope, then we could well have a trip to Goodison next year.

I think Moyes is ok. Someone else who should have kept his last job but lost it because the club went in search of sexy football.

Id prefer west ham to go down to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think Moyes is ok. Someone else who should have kept his last job but lost it because the club went in search of sexy football.

Id prefer west ham to go down to be fair.

Hmmm I’m not so sure myself, his recent managerial record leaves a lot to be desired. Think he was harshly treated at West Ham, but probably shouldn’t have been given the job in the first place. After everything with the stadium, West Ham going down would be entertaining, but I think Pellegrini will turn them around. Not convinced it’ll be so easy at Everton.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hmmm I’m not so sure myself, his recent managerial record leaves a lot to be desired. Think he was harshly treated at West Ham, but probably shouldn’t have been given the job in the first place. After everything with the stadium, West Ham going down would be entertaining, but I think Pellegrini will turn them around. Not convinced it’ll be so easy at Everton.

Imagine the scenario. West ham get dragged into the bottom 3. Sheff Utd despite their good start drift towards the bottom 3.

Sheff utd win on the last day with west ham going down by one point,  only for it to be discovered sheff utd had played an illegal player

If carlsberg and all that 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

If i was making the decision at either Arsenal or Everton, I’d be looking at Sean Dyche. If he wasn’t attacking enough after a couple of seasons, at least you’d be left with a committed, professional basis of a team. 

He’s not that daft, Arsenal jeeez they need to do something special to get anyone other than an ex player. Mess. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Everton should go for Eddie Howe, limited what he can do at a club the size of Bournemouth. You can over stay your welcome as fans want more and more each season 

Not interested so they say, they dont believe he is good enough defensively.

Funny how they had big sam who sorted them defensively.

Howe is an Everton fan too.

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Gone then. 

No surprise.

Should not have got rid of big sam, another club and fanbase who feel they are entitled.

Hope they are playing championship football next season 

Big Sam wouldn’t have got them to Europe in a million years. That’s what they should be aiming for.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Over 10 years ago. 

That's also why David Moyes shouldn't be considered for the job. They aren't the same managers anymore (or they are, and they just haven't moved on with the times). 

for them to consider bringing back Moyes has a McClaren pt.2 feel to it.

The spin regarding Big Fat Sam's time at Everton is astounding. The way he and his mates in the media talk, you'd think he saved them from relegation. In reality they were a mid table team who'd had a slow start. They weren't in the relegation zone when BFS took over and his points per game would normally be good enough for an 8th place finish, not good enough for Europe and nowhere near challenging for the top 4. The football they played was complete and utter bank and showed absolutely no ambition beyond securing that all important mid table finish.

BFS is one of the greatest self publicists I've ever come across. 3 promotions is the sum total of his achievements in nearly 3 decades as a manager, yet people talk about him with an undeserved reverence.

42 minutes ago, Anon said:

The spin regarding Big Fat Sam's time at Everton is astounding. The way he and his mates in the media talk, you'd think he saved them from relegation. In reality they were a mid table team who'd had a slow start. They weren't in the relegation zone when BFS took over and his points per game would normally be good enough for an 8th place finish, not good enough for Europe and nowhere near challenging for the top 4. The football they played was complete and utter bank and showed absolutely no ambition beyond securing that all important mid table finish.

BFS is one of the greatest self publicists I've ever come across. 3 promotions is the sum total of his achievements in nearly 3 decades as a manager, yet people talk about him with an undeserved reverence.

Yep. Poor man's Tony Pulis. 

Archived