Next season's line up

IslandExile

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But you can see the negative reaction on any match day thread to anything that may be an experiment.

Depends on the experiment i suppose. Playing youth is more likely to get a positive reaction. Bringing them on as subs is very low risk. at least v qpr we got two on as subs. 

We ended up with a 4141 system which is fine. the experiments had mixed results. Fozzy is doing ok at centre back; waghorn isn’t a winger; bogle did ok but probably isn’t naturally attacking enough for wide right; Lawrence isn’t a central midfielder because he doesn’t drop deep and can’t tackle.  Personally I would rather we stuck with Lowe and didn’t keep chopping and changing at left back. We need to sort out these midfield roles. Could shonibare or babos provide an option? We won’t know if they don’t get some minutes. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely need a new keeper and two centre backs on permanent deals for next season. Then the rest depends on what formation we play.

If we're going 4-3-3 then we'll need two new wingers, a new striker who can play up top on his own, and potentially another CM to sit alongside Shinnie or Holmes (in front of Bielik). If we go with 4-2-3-1 then Shinnie and Bielik can sit as a two, Lawrence could play a 10, and could even be a system which suits Marriott. With either system, I think we need new wide-players/wingers. 

So, a new GK, two new CBs, and two new wingers are a must.

Archived