Derby vs. Coventry 22nd Jan. 2000

sawley_ram

Possibly the wrong category, but does anybody know where I can find footage of this game? It's one of the first games I ever went to -- one of the people I went with is no longer here and for a bit of the old nostalgia I'd love to see the highlights just to visualise my few memories of the day.

Searched on Youtube and can't see anything and I've not had look elsewhere, or even on the tapes my dad has from that period.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Possibly the wrong category, but does anybody know where I can find footage of this game? It's one of the first games I ever went to -- one of the people I went with is no longer here and for a bit of the old nostalgia I'd love to see the highlights just to visualise my few memories of the day.

Searched on Youtube and can't see anything and I've not had look elsewhere, or even on the tapes my dad has from that period.

A 0-0 draw so guessing there arent any highlights to show. 

Next time I'm up in loft putting Xmas decs away I will see if I have got the video for that year (if videos still existed then!)

There is still a match report on the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/614721.stm

I guess you've seen that though - still, a half decent line up (as in half of them were decent and the other half were pants)

Derby: Poom, Laursen, Carbonari, Elliott, Delap, Burley, Johnson, Bohinen, Schnoor, Strupar, Burton.
Subs: Christie, Nimni, Boertien, Oakes, Kinkladze.

58 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A 0-0 draw so guessing there arent any highlights to show. 

Next time I'm up in loft putting Xmas decs away I will see if I have got the video for that year (if videos still existed then!)

IF you don't mind that'd be great, thank you! I'm presuming there isn't but you never know. Still have the programme from it somewhere at home.

43 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

There is still a match report on the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/614721.stm

I guess you've seen that though - still, a half decent line up (as in half of them were decent and the other half were pants)

Derby: Poom, Laursen, Carbonari, Elliott, Delap, Burley, Johnson, Bohinen, Schnoor, Strupar, Burton.
Subs: Christie, Nimni, Boertien, Oakes, Kinkladze.

Thanks for that I didn't actually know that was around. I found the match on the 1999/00 Wiki page but last time I looked it was a dead link. I can see some of them now in their oversized shirts! 

Archived