Watford sack manager Quique Sánchez Flores

maxjam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GenBr said:

FIngers crossed this disrupts the dressing room so much that they never win another game for the rest of the season. They go down with the new lowest points total and we get Will Hughes back for a cut rate price.

They won't go down with the new lowest. If they do wonder what will happen to Hughes. 

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mental really, you’ve gotta give a manager at least one transfer window lmao, even we haven’t been that harsh! 

Although some want Cocu sacked despite having just a couple of weeks of the last transfer window 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Although some want Cocu sacked despite having just a couple of weeks of the last transfer window 

He had all bar the first five days of the last transfer window, in fairness. The point is more a symbolic one for me anyway - managers don’t tend to handle transfers these days. It’s more being in charge long enough to have a transfer window- ie about half a season at least.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

He had all bar the first five days of the last transfer window, in fairness. The point is more a symbolic one for me anyway - managers don’t tend to handle transfers these days. It’s more being in charge long enough to have a transfer window- ie about half a season at least.

Well if managers dont handle it your point about having at least one doesn't add up then

I am sure managers must be involved and even if he had all but 5 days i am sure the transfer window work starts weeks or months before it even opens 

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

They won't go down with the new lowest. If they do wonder what will happen to Hughes. 

Unless you have a time machine there is no way to know if they will or not. I don't expect them to beat the record, but they could certainly take some of our records as Huddersfield did last year.

A lot of the Watford fans I know don't really seem to like Hughes. He plays on the right of a three behind the striker usually, which to me doesnt seem like his best position (even if we were playing him as a defensive mid at times). I imagine they would probably hold on to him if they find themselves in the Championship. 

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Well if managers dont handle it your point about having at least one doesn't add up then

I am sure managers must be involved and even if he had all but 5 days i am sure the transfer window work starts weeks or months before it even opens 

I just explained why it does, it’s symbolic of being given enough time to coach the team into the style of football they want to play. There’s a transfer window every 5 months or so, no manager should be sacked really without getting around that length of time in charge for me, not withstanding a Pearson scenario.

Im sure managers are involved obviously, but I don’t think they really define the sort of targets teams go after these days, not generally anyway.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

His time at Swansea and Reading suggest he’s not the manager/first team coach we thought he might be though.

I guess the same could be said about Steve with his record beyond Derby 

Archived