Christmas Gifts

Bubbles

Unfortunately I'm starting to feel festive.

Thought it would be a good idea, especially with black friday/cyber monday weekend coming up - to create a thread discussing any deals or anything that are coming up.

I'm going to murderhell tomorrow after work, forgot it was black friday til yesterday.... wish me luck

What are you hoping santa brings when he dumps his sack in your living room?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Unfortunately I'm starting to feel festive.

Thought it would be a good idea, especially with black friday/cyber monday weekend coming up - to create a thread discussing any deals or anything that are coming up.

I'm going to murderhell tomorrow after work, forgot it was black friday til yesterday.... wish me luck

What are you hoping santa brings when he dumps his sack in your living room?

moment GIF

56 minutes ago, Squid said:

You should be fine, the interest has cooled off in the last couple of years and deals/days are nowhere near as manic as in previous years. It'll just be a poo show in there regardless.

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You should be fine, the interest has cooled off in the last couple of years and deals/days are nowhere near as manic as in previous years. It'll just be a poo show in there regardless.

I've already bought most of my presents, gotta love online shopping... Mainly going for the Missus, which I will require some wishes of luck for putting up with her.

Gonna try and get a few bits this evening before the shops get ridiculously busy, Christmas cards and extra decorations etc. Again, Amazon will be my best friend this year. We can all moan about the high street slowly dying, you can't deny online shopping for presents is less stressful.

9 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Gonna try and get a few bits this evening before the shops get ridiculously busy, Christmas cards and extra decorations etc. Again, Amazon will be my best friend this year. We can all moan about the high street slowly dying, you can't deny online shopping for presents is less stressful.

About 10 years ago I made the mistake of stepping in Spondon Asda on Christmas Eve . Not for myself even, for my mum who was losing her poo about not having a tin of quality street and she couldn't find any.  The first thing I encountered was a bloke lumbering toward the checkout with 36 toilet rolls. His partner /wife was already being served at the till and was frantically shouting at him to hurry up. Poor bloke couldn't see with the mountain of bog roll.  Then it all kicked off as there was no room for trolleys to get past and nowhere for anyone to move.  Swore I would never go in a supermarket that size again near Christmas and I haven't.   Never got the bloody sweets even.  Card shops are another one.

Spent the day in Nottingham and apart from the odd dick wearing a red shirt or a coat with that crap badge it wasn’t a bad day. The Christmas market was up  around the Market Place with the Ice Rink which beats 4 tents that are supposed to look like presents. I got some shopping done but I didn’t buy anything special that I couldn’t buy anywhere else. 

The good news is the missus likes going on a shopping spree and I give her a few quid and say they’re from Santa.

15 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

Spent the day in Nottingham and apart from the odd dick wearing a red shirt or a coat with that crap badge it wasn’t a bad day. The Christmas market was up  around the Market Place with the Ice Rink which beats 4 tents that are supposed to look like presents. I got some shopping done but I didn’t buy anything special that I couldn’t buy anywhere else. 

The good news is the missus likes going on a shopping spree and I give her a few quid and say they’re from Santa.

The Nottingham market is pretty good really. They do a good job.

Really does put Derby to shame.

Archived