Brexit and january transfer window

RamNut

Will the january transfer window be the last one where you can buy players from the european union without them being full internationals needed to meet the criteria for overseas players?

asking on behalf of a friend.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Will the january transfer window be the last one where you can buy players from the european union without them being full internationals needed to meet the criteria for overseas players?

Not an expert or even interested in Brexit but I imagine that kind of thig isn't in effect until we are completely out which could still be some years away?

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We never buy anybody from aboard anyway so doesnt matter we only ever go as far as Scotland 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

From what I'm aware, once we leave the EU all players will require visas. It'll just be like signing someone from, say, the USA.

That's probably going to be the case, but it's all depending on yet to be agreed arrangements. There might be an exemption for "professional sportsmen contracted for over £x pa by a commercial sports club for the duration of that contract"

they'll be good till the end of 2020 under the withdrawal agreement as I understand it, beyond that depends on future negotiations. (the WA doesn't "get brexit done" it gets brexit started)

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Doesn’t matter, our scouting team basically work for UKIP, Scotland is exotic for them

Our scouting team managed to unearth international gems such as Roos and Zoon. Yes neither were actually playing outside of England at the time, but they are both Dutch - that must count for something.

Nick Blackman played for Barbados - I don't care if he was born in Manchester it still sort of counts. Dowell is form Liverpool which is almost like another country.

Archived