Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our best hope for this is Cocu to out-think Parker tactically. Fulham are a team in a similar build to ourselves, albeit with slightly more quality in key areas. 

As we're away from home, I'm almost sure we can let them have the three points, rest up and get the win on Saturday! 

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Fair play. Just know that every stolen tweet you post is like a Bat-Signal for me to come and expose the lies. I’m sure you’ll just take the reactions and run though.

“Expose the lies” - I didn’t know Mafiabob was a Tory. ?

5 hours ago, angieram said:

We have such a poor record at Fulham in recent seasons that I have decided not to go.

You can thank me for the win later! 

Half fan ?

54 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think our best hope for this is Cocu to out-think Parker tactically. Fulham are a team in a similar build to ourselves, albeit with slightly more quality in key areas. 

Without having seen a single minute of their games this season, they strike me as being similar to us in 15/16. 

Bags of quality. Plenty of possession. A rookie manager. Slight underachievement. 

See also West Brom last season.

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Without having seen a single minute of their games this season, they strike me as being similar to us in 15/16. 

Bags of quality. Plenty of possession. A rookie manager. Slight underachievement. 

See also West Brom last season.

Good squad of players with a poor manager in Scott Parker. He is always nicely groomed though.

23 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fulham (A) vs Derby

Tuesday 26/11 0 KO 19.45

Craven Cottage

After a very good performance against a Preston side who have proved hard to beat this season, another test arrives almost immediately in the form of Fulham who currently sit 4th in the table but remain in hailing distance having only 5 points more than Derby. 

On paper, a tough task but Fulham have yet to really hit their straps given the wealth of talent at their disposal and Cocu and the lads appear to have turned a corner recently. Another false dawn or signs of a resurgent Rams team finally taking onboard what their manager expects of them? We shall see...

I think we'll see the same group of players involved with options a tad limited right now. Be great to build momentum with Rooney's arrival just around the corner but the manner of our performance is really key IMO.

1-1 is my finger in the air prediction. What say you lot?

COYR

1-1 hummm. Well if we win this I shall ask you for your address and send you a box of matches to light your cigar and a bottle of Maple Syrup for the pancakes.

same team and effort as Saturday inc applicable subs / injuries. Take the game to them. Two sides that like to play game. Take our chances rather better than Saturday and the chase for promotion starts 

An interesting stat about Fulham this season: 3 of their 4 games that have ended in losses are also 3 of the 4 games in which they recorded their highest possession stats: 75% in the 3-0 loss to Hull City and 78% in both the 2-0 loss to Stoke and the 2-1 loss to Forest.

With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if we set up to play on the counter a bit in this one.

Nothing to lose, our away form is dross but home form is very good. Hopefully we can score the first goal and then show out quality and hard working side and win the game, would take a draw mind. If we can set ourselves up for QPR on Saturday we could have 7 points in a week 

20 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Actually, to really ruin your mood @Nuwtfly as we drag you from your position of bliss ignorance, the last time we won away from home at Fulham in the league was 1969.

Since the league cup win in 2014 we've played at Fulham 5 times, drawing 3 and losing twice.

Before it there were 3 draws and 4 losses across 7 away games. A win away from home in the Watney Cup in 1970 and then the league win in 1969 was the game before.

Anyone do the double of seeing us win at Craven Cottage and go to Woodstock in the same year?

Archived