Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, Fulham have been exceptionally good. Best side by a country mile I’ve seen this season. Difference really is the quality of the squads, ours is nowhere near theres, owing to poor recruitment. Think we’ve gone out trying to play the right way, and in general play I’m not convinced we could have done a great deal more. Fulham are just ridiculously good. But, what you can’t do against teams like that is miss sitters and give away goals from set pieces. Which is exactly what we’ve done, yet again, away from home. Literally every game is the same, I’ve never in my life watching football seen a team concede as many set pieces as we do, and our lack of goals really is becoming concerning. Barely averaging one a game at the moment. Can have a go at the defence all you want, but that ain’t good enough. Forwards have to step up to the mark and start being more clinical/ make better decisions in the final third. 

Do wonder whether there’s a mentality issue here as well, I’ve seen teams better home than away, but never quite such a disparity as well have. Title challengers at home, bottom place challengers away. Still, Derby never do things by half’s! We just seem scared to me, need to have more confidence to press and battle like we did on Saturday, laying off them is only gonna lead to one result.

2 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Don't blame Roos, Blame who ever tells him to stay on his line.

You couldn't make this up, Our keeper stays on his line and concedes 2, I wish he was on the end of a fishing line.

Just to correct; Roos didn't stay on his line for either goal.

For the first, he stepped out to catch it at the centre of his goal, as if not even registering the possibility of Reid touching it at the near post.

For the second he moved as far as he could, into the wall of Derby players 4 yards out, and limply extended his arms across the shoulders of said players.

3 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Don't blame Roos, Blame who ever tells him to stay on his line.

You couldn't make this up, Our keeper stays on his line and concedes 2, I wish he was on the end of a fishing line.

You snowflake, there isn’t a coach in the land that would have told him to stay on his line there! It’s inside his 6 yard box. 

7 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I understood it I just didn't see the point. I was there on Saturday so I saw that Derby were better than Preston as we won 1-0 and should have had 4 at least. See my post in the match day forum if your not sure. 

?Ok 

so we both agree Fulham and Derby are better than Preston ?

We are better than our performance tonight so far.  I don’t know where you’re going with this. If you have something to say about our team just say it!

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Davies can do one as well. His attempt to win the header was pathetic. His shocking back pass earlier on.

How many errors can he keep making?

Major changes needed defensively in January.

We need a leader; we are so disjointed. Lawrence and Waghorn both have defeatist attitudes. We have a semblance of fight but it quickly wanes as soon as it is tested. We may as well blood some youth second half. Our defence is the issue now. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

In fairness, Fulham have been exceptionally good. Best side by a country mile I’ve seen this season. Difference really is the quality of the squads, ours is nowhere near theres, owing to poor recruitment. Think we’ve gone out trying to play the right way, and in general play I’m not convinced we could have done a great deal more. Fulham are just ridiculously good. But, what you can’t do against teams like that is miss sitters and give away goals from set pieces. Which is exactly what we’ve done, yet again, away from home. Literally every game is the same, I’ve never in my life watching football seen a team concede as many set pieces as we do, and our lack of goals really is becoming concerning. Barely averaging one a game at the moment. Can have a go at the defence all you want, but that ain’t good enough. Forwards have to step up to the mark and start being more clinical/ make better decisions in the final third. 

Do wonder whether there’s a mentality issue here as well, I’ve seen teams better home than away, but never quite such a disparity as well have. Title challengers at home, bottom place challengers away. Still, Derby never do things by half’s! We just seem scared to me, need to have more confidence to press and battle like we did on Saturday, laying off them is only gonna lead to one result.

Best side this season, Leeds were much better.

You shouldn’t mind crosses being put in from 25 yards away from the byline if you have a commanding keeper, the second was also avoidable.
You are always going to be u set pressure coming to places with Fulham when you loon at our squad v theirs, however if you gift them goals it’s always going to be an uphill struggle.

7 minutes ago, rustylee said:

We’ve had a couple of dodgy keepers on loan but I can’t think of a worse first choice keeper than Roos in my time watching the rams.

Brad Jones wasn’t far off, think he had some serious personal issues at the time though.

Roos is National league standard

Goalkeeper awful, midfield non existent, centre half’s bullied, full backs can’t cross a ball, Holmes absolutely dreadful and wasteful as always. Typical away Rams performance 

Just now, Derbados said:

Brad Jones wasn’t far off, think he had some serious personal issues at the time though.

Signing for Derby was one

Just now, TexasRam said:

Goalkeeper awful, midfield non existent, centre half’s bullied, full backs can’t cross a ball, Holmes absolutely dreadful and wasteful as always. Typical away Rams performance 

But..?

Archived