The flu

alexxxxx

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Been out of action most of this weekend, been in bed about 40 hours since Friday night. Unsure if I'll be fit enough to make it to the office tomorrow.. 

Anyone else been struck down yet this year? What's your tips for feeling better?

Chicken soup helps.

Honey and Lemon and Paracetamols 

25 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Been out of action most of this weekend, been in bed about 40 hours since Friday night. Unsure if I'll be fit enough to make it to the office tomorrow.. 

Anyone else been struck down yet this year? What's your tips for feeling better?

If it is actual Flu rather than a heavy cold then you will struggle to make it in to the office at all this week never mind tomorrow.

That said even if its a heavy cold and not flu its still a horrible sickness and only rest will get you right, plenty of cold/flu beechams type products with paracetamol and not feeling guilty because you can't go to work.

Over the years I have worked with too many 'heros' who will work through illnesses and boast that they never take a day off, but inflict misery on others by spreading the illness.

Having been out of action all weekend dont even think about it, wrap up warm, plenty of hot drinks and get well soon!

4 hours ago, ramit said:

1 table spoon cod liver oil every morning, with a 2 week break once a year.  We don't get the flu in this house, just the occasional mild fever and sneezing which recedes with water intake and good sleep.

Assuming you mean a two week break from taking the cod liver oil, as opposed to a two week holiday, what is the reason for the break?

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Assuming you mean a two week break from taking the cod liver oil, as opposed to a two week holiday, what is the reason for the break?

My doctor told me that the liver needs to clean itself out once a year, read it somewhere also.

Archived