Matej Vydra

irobinson

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

All true but he is a goal scorer and has a football brain so with Martin he would be very dangerous as Marriott should be although Vydra generally is not injured and has the CV in this division of putting the ball in the net!

I tend to think we wouldn’t be paying those kind of wages again for a while ( not counting Rooney) so unlikely but if Cocu wanted him why not? ( we also might sell one or two if the right bids came in?)

There were a few glimpses on the pitch Rowett ignored that Vydra and Martin could do well together.

He was a clinical finisher but technically and intelligence wise is way behind Martin. For him to succeed the team has to be built around him, Cocu won't be looking there.

7 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

There were a few glimpses on the pitch Rowett ignored that Vydra and Martin could do well together.

He was a clinical finisher but technically and intelligence wise is way behind Martin. For him to succeed the team has to be built around him, Cocu won't be looking there.

I am fairly sure we couldn’t currently afford him anyway but Vydra knows where to find goals and does so especially in the championship and Martin would do that for him also. Vydra has fitted in with plenty of teams without everything being designed for him but we seem to have am obsession with placing players in categories of not being able to fit in 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I am fairly sure we couldn’t currently afford him anyway but Vydra knows where to find goals and does so especially in the championship and Martin would do that for him also. Vydra has fitted in with plenty of teams without everything being designed for him but we seem to have am obsession with placing players in categories of not being able to fit in 

I have my reservations about that partnership to be fair. Vydra liked to collect the ball deep, turn on a sixpence and run at the defence. Martin likes to drop deep and lay the ball off. 

In my head they’re just occupying each other’s space. It would only work if you could coach Vydra into playing off the shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

I have my reservations about that partnership to be fair. Vydra liked to collect the ball deep, turn on a sixpence and run at the defence. Martin likes to drop deep and lay the ball off. 

In my head they’re just occupying each other’s space. It would only work if you could coach Vydra into playing off the shoulder. 

Excatly this. Even Rowett was clever enough to see it....

Archived