• Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Taribo said:

All cost less than one Nick Blackman*

*probably not true, can’t remember fees and can’t be bothered to check

not much of an accolade though.

“hey Mel....I could buy 4x as much poo for that money!”

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

If only we’d held onto Connor salmon, Connor Doyle, frankie fielding and dean moxey.

I thought Moxey was a decent player for us at a time money was scarce. And Fielding was a favourite, recall while he was on loan PP chanting 'sign him up'

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

The guy who sits next to me hates him but can’t actually give me a sensible reason why. Yesterday he wouldn’t have it that he’d not only individually played a great game but also helped Lowe immensely. He also sees Chris Martin’s positioning. 

Forsyth always found Martin whilst at left back and rather pleasing that he still did from centre half and his heading was fantastic yesterday 

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Interesting that two of our best players yesterday were signed by clough. 

No doubt clough got maximum value from the signings he made 

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Love to hear Cocu saying he sees him as centre back. Could be a key figure.

I think Cocu is right. He looked very assured. Seemed to know when to pass it and when to just get rid. Good judgement all round

3 hours ago, sage said:

As Carragher pointed out to Gary Neville, no one grows up wanting to play full backs.

They are either failed wingers or failed centre backs.

Just me then!

As a young teen, my idols were Davy Langan and Phil Neal.

... in that order, I hasten to add!  ?  

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Forsyth always found Martin whilst at left back and rather pleasing that he still did from centre half and his heading was fantastic yesterday 

No doubt clough got maximum value from the signings he made 

I never rated Nigel that highly as a tactic savvy manager but he is/was very very good at scouting -  finding players with more in them than a first glance would suggest. 

Really happy for Fozzy I mentioned this in the match thread but didn’t get a response so I’m going to ask again.

Does anyone know if he’s the first player in the top two tiers to play again after 3 ACL’s?

Best I can find is Pires returning after 2 ACL’s.

Massive achievement for him to be playing again, but to play so well is absolutely astonishing really, I truely hope he can stay fit from now on!

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Really happy for Fozzy I mentioned this in the match thread but didn’t get a response so I’m going to ask again.

Does anyone know if he’s the first player in the top two tiers to play again after 3 ACL’s?

Massive achievement for him to be playing again, but to play so well is absolutely astonishing really, I truely hope he can stay fit from now on!

No results show up on Google, but here are a couple that have appeared after a quick Twitter search. I've only read the headlines, but it seems that he's a first in terms of the top two tiers of men's association football.

25 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The ability to be versatile could become a key feature for us.

Lowe can play LB and LM.

Bogle can play RB and RM.

Forsyth, LB and CB.

Bielik DM, CB. 

Evans DM, CB

Absolutely, allows the bench to have more attacking threat available 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Chris Cohen at Forest? 

3 ACL's, played for around 18 months after the 3rd one.

Archived