Cocu “don’t expect we are going to sign 3 or 4 players”

Day

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm struggling to remember a January signing that actually worked and brought value for money.  Maybe Dawkins as he officially signed after his loan spell?

2015 was alright. Signed quality cover for Fozzy in Warnock, Best out and Bent in, efficiently replaced Ibe and covered for the grieving Dawkins with Ince and Lingard, Albentosa who, despite performances, we doubled our money on. 

Unfortunately the injuries hit harder than we could have ever prepared for but even so, Bent and Ince kept our season alive. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

In contrast spending big one very good player like Villa did on wages and loan fee for Mings last year and Mitrovic the year before with Fulham can be the difference. Last two seasons I think we have missed out based on our decision not to make a key signing in January to freshen things up. Very much agree though we don’t need quantity. Spend big on quality is the key to a successful second half of the season. 

What evidence is there to suggest any type of successful second half of the season?

Dreadful so far.

57 minutes ago, SWRam said:

What evidence is there to suggest any type of successful second half of the season?

Dreadful so far.

Same could be said of villa and Fulham in previous seasons. 
I would also take you’re remark of Dreadful so far with a bit of salt as anyone with a bit of knowledge about football can see we’ve improved over the past 12 or so weeks in the season and we’re starting to see Cocu’s system implemented. Yet to see a full 90mins but it’s coming. Mark my words. 
For dreadful see Middlesbrough/Stokes/Huddlesfields 

59 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Dreadful so far.

I hope your manic depression leaves you soon, and please don’t call us when you decide to end it all.
If you genuinely can’t see any reason for optimism may I suggest you support some other club, or you do with any positivity is depress everybody.

10 out of 10 for negativity.

46 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Same could be said of villa and Fulham in previous seasons. 
I would also take you’re remark of Dreadful so far with a bit of salt as anyone with a bit of knowledge about football can see we’ve improved over the past 12 or so weeks in the season and we’re starting to see Cocu’s system implemented. Yet to see a full 90mins but it’s coming. Mark my words. 
For dreadful see Middlesbrough/Stokes/Huddlesfields 

Mitrovic was the missing part of the puzzle for Fulhma and really helped them to kick on to promotion, but I would say Villas rejuvenation was down to the new manager more than anything else. I think Cocu will do the same for us, but he doesnt have limitless wealth like Villa did, so its just going to take longer.

Personally I think Rooney is enough - maybe a CB as well, but if we Rooney doesnt improve us as a team we may as well not bother signing anyone in the first place.

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

How’s he doing out on loan? Don’t follow the U23’s progress as much as I should but it seems the best youth products have been kept around at the club to integrate with the first team rather than being farmed out like previous seasons.

Heard hes been quality

Archived