Armand Gnanduillet

Big Trav

7 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

We’ll agree to disagree then! I’d agree that Martin’s a better target man and has a better touch than Waghorn or Marriott.As for  Marriott being “ a better finisher” I’ll believe it when I see it! Marriott misses good chances and up goes the cry that he needs more games to “ build his confidence!” Waghorn misses and he’s a donkey, according to some.Lampard signed both and preferred Waghorn,it appears Cocu feels the same way.I’m not ecstatic about all three of them but if you amalgamated their strengths then you’d get a reasonable forward! Everyone knows we need new central defenders ,a goalkeeper and a winger but that centre forward spot will be a tough one to fill as they’re not easy to find or cheap!?

Marriott is a finisher, Waghorn is not.  No comparison.  Not unsurprising that we go back to struggling to create when he doesn't play either.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

We’ll agree to disagree then! I’d agree that Martin’s a better target man and has a better touch than Waghorn or Marriott.As for  Marriott being “ a better finisher” I’ll believe it when I see it! Marriott misses good chances and up goes the cry that he needs more games to “ build his confidence!” Waghorn misses and he’s a donkey, according to some.Lampard signed both and preferred Waghorn,it appears Cocu feels the same way.I’m not ecstatic about all three of them but if you amalgamated their strengths then you’d get a reasonable forward! Everyone knows we need new central defenders ,a goalkeeper and a winger but that centre forward spot will be a tough one to fill as they’re not easy to find or cheap!?

I think we'll get a new striker in summer. Cocu likes an amalgamation of the qualities of all 3 of our forwards: big, strong target man who can retain possession in the final 3rd as well as being a threat in the area. 

Waghorn had a pass success rate of 45.5% today and lost possession 8 times whilst only having a single shot... that's indefensible. A world away from his performance as a No.9 against Hull (H) last season where I thought he looked an accomplished lone striker. His only saving grace is that he does keep getting a goal every 3/4 games which is a good habit to have.

26 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Marriott is a finisher, Waghorn is not.  No comparison.  Not unsurprising that we go back to struggling to create when he doesn't play either.

I’ve said enough regarding your first point but I suspect the reintroduction of Lawrence might be a significant cause of our lack of cohesive football at times.I won’t vilify him like some do but I suspect his time here is limited.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not seen him play to judge him, however, how many of the same people who wrote off free agent CKR because of his scoring record are now writing off this lad because he would be free and on his scoring record

Respectfully disagree. CKR was loved by near enough every team he’s been at around the world. CKR has played at some massive clubs n was a hit with fans, and was highly rated by them.

Gnandullit had one decent season at Blackpool, went to the Turkish 2nd division and flopped and left very quickly.

58 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Read somewhere he scored 15 in 28 starts last season. Doesn’t seem that bad to me? Can anyone tell me his accurate scoring record?

I’m sure there is a few stat buffs on here 

18 in 36 in all comps with Blackpool last season. 2 in 15 games this season in the Turkish second division, but he's only played 300 minutes so presumably all those appearances were off the bench. 

7 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

18 in 36 in all comps with Blackpool last season. 2 in 15 games this season in the Turkish second division, but he's only played 300 minutes so presumably all those appearances were off the bench. 

I know he was only playing in league one but that isn’t bad going. 1 in 2 is always a good return for a striker. Presumably he would not command a huge wage. 

17 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I know he was only playing in league one but that isn’t bad going. 1 in 2 is always a good return for a striker. Presumably he would not command a huge wage. 

Rest of his career is drastically less impressive though

Archived