Armand Gnanduillet

Big Trav

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 goals in 14 starts in League One this season so far. He's also 6'4"

The source of this rumour appears to be 'Football Insider'; I've no idea if that's actual journalism or a rumour mill. If its the latter, the DET jumping on it doesn't make it a real link.

All these links with big target men aren't that surprising though; Cocu had Luuk de Jong while winning at PSV, right? Quite an easy/lazy link to create (or a reasonable direction for him to look if the info that we are looking in to them is legit).

Just now, SaintRam said:

10 goals in 14 starts in League One this season so far. He's also 6'4"

The source of this rumour appears to be 'Football Insider'; I've no idea if that's actual journalism or a rumour mill. If its the latter, the DET jumping on it doesn't make it a real link.

All these links with big target men aren't that surprising though; Cocu had Luuk de Jong while winning at PSV, right? Quite an easy/lazy link to create (or a reasonable direction for him to look if the info that we are looking in to them is legit).

Yes, De Jong was one of the first signings for him at PSV so I'd expect big centre forward to join here as well. I could add that I like the idea, that's how I like my sole striker as well.

27 Years Old

Highest level he's played at is League 1

Former Chesterfield striker

Sounds like someone we'd go for.

If we're looking for a big centre forward I'd much rather us take a look at bringing in Wilfried Bony on a free for 6 months with a view to another year

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

27 Years Old

If we're looking for a big centre forward I'd much rather us take a look at bringing in Wilfried Bony on a free for 6 months with a view to another year

Bony is barely 6 foot. Certainly wouldn't fit the target man mould.

I asked the opinion of a Blackpool supporting friend:

”In my humble opinion he is in the midst of a purple patch and I don’t think at the start of the season he was in the managers thoughts hence he brought in two strikers of his own. 
Sadly they aren’t working out at the moment so he’s had to play him. 
Yep, he has scored goals but he is a cart horse with a terrible first touch and has been abysmal in a few games. 
He thinks a lot of himself and when he wants to play he can be good. 
Championship wise, I don’t think he would cut it. 
But then what do I know!
Derby must see something in him!!”

2 hours ago, Squid said:

27 Years Old

Hardly prolific since he left Swansea....

1 hour ago, admira said:

”In my humble opinion he is in the midst of a purple patch and I don’t think at the start of the season he was in the managers thoughts hence he brought in two strikers of his own. 
Yep, he has scored goals but he is a cart horse with a terrible first touch and has been abysmal in a few games. 
But then what do I know!

We love signing a player on the back of a purple patch, Nick Blackman all over again.

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We love signing a player on the back of a purple patch, Nick Blackman all over again.

I don't mind signing players who are burning hot in January in the hope they wont cool down until after the end of the season. That's not the worst strategy ever. Confidence plays a huge part in form as we've seen in abundance within our own squad. But it should be low cost, low risk signings that you don't mind moving on shortly after signing them.

The mistake with Nick Blackman wasn't signing him - it was the money we paid for him and then the money we paid him. Thanks to Mr. Clement and Mr. Rush.

4 hours ago, admira said:

But then what do I know!

I saw him play quite a few times when he played for Chesterfield and imo the above assessment is spot on, except he didn't have a purple patch at Chesterfield. He's been a lower league journeyman and if he's only now hit his first purple patch then maybe he's currently punching above his weight and not a player who could lead the line for a team with Premier League aspirations

8 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

I saw him play quite a few times when he played for Chesterfield and imo the above assessment is spot on, except he didn't have a purple patch at Chesterfield. He's been a lower league journeyman and if he's only now hit his first purple patch then maybe he's currently punching above his weight and not a player who could lead the line for a team with Premier League aspirations

Oooh a lower league Blackman! ?

Archived