Missing the Saturday feeling

Derby blood

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Honestly, I'm not feeling it this season. I actually prefer international breaks at the minute. I'm a bit tired of how we play currently. I get a buzz watching England play, or at club level, I enjoy watching Leicester. We're a long way from the 13/14 McClaren side that lit up the league, with players who wanted to play for us. 

I've got the buzz. The shape is starting to appear, individual mistakes and poor decisions slowing us down but I'd rather a steady improvement, finish the season well then destroy the league next season.

Cocu is the real deal in my opinion and the set backs this season may even benefit him as the majority of us could be a tad more patient.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I've got the buzz. The shape is starting to appear, individual mistakes and poor decisions slowing us down but I'd rather a steady improvement, finish the season well then destroy the league next season.

Cocu is the real deal in my opinion and the set backs this season may even benefit him as the majority of us could be a tad more patient.

We're definitely starting to improve. I just don't think I'm hugely enjoying the football we're putting out at the minute. It's definitely possible that I have too high expectations of the standard we could be playing at, but our attacking isn't great, it hasn't been too long since we beat Leeds in the playoffs, I felt really connected with the club again, but now I couldn't feel further detached. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We're definitely starting to improve. I just don't think I'm hugely enjoying the football we're putting out at the minute. It's definitely possible that I have too high expectations of the standard we could be playing at, but our attacking isn't great, it hasn't been too long since we beat Leeds in the playoffs, I felt really connected with the club again, but now I couldn't feel further detached. 

One gung-ho 45 minutes of football, giving you an incredible high after generally speaking a season of generally mediocre performances. You would enjoy Speed. Ask Frank.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

One gung-ho 45 minutes of football, giving you an incredible high after generally speaking a season of generally mediocre performances. You would enjoy Speed. Ask Frank.

One 45 minutes? Not sure that's entirely a fair reflection of the season. We had some pretty big performances over the whole season, little dip when Mount was injured, but generally speaking we had a pretty attacking and flowing style.

We all know it's about next season, or the next..

What we have is a great academy and it's produce is going to pay dividends in the coming years and so there is every reason to be cheerful, the future is bright, we will certainly go from strength to strength.

I like a lot of people aren't feeling as excied as previous years. It could be that not having been a season ticket holder for so many years is finally starting to take its toll on my enthusiasm. Then again I think for me it's because i don't think this will be the season but it feels like a run up for next season when everything is in place for another run at promotion. It could also be that last season was a lot of fun in so many ways and there was such a connection with the team. This year it hasn't clicked in the same way. 

The Saturday feeling is difficult now. Football should be 3pm Saturday, with the odd Wednesday night under lights, one week home, next week away. Every season stumbles and stutters along with matches all over the place it’s no wonder fans feel disconnected. 
I’m a bit dinosaur-ish. 

On 16/11/2019 at 19:22, Andicis said:

One 45 minutes? Not sure that's entirely a fair reflection of the season. We had some pretty big performances over the whole season, little dip when Mount was injured, but generally speaking we had a pretty attacking and flowing style.

And there in lies your problem.

Derby were good in places last year and mostly due to the 3 loanees we had.

The only way they would still be around would have been if we gained promotion. Even then I doubt 2 of the 3 would still be here.

Then where would we be? In the prem with this squad and after Lampard moved on late, probably with a few last minute purchases based on panic rather than substance and style.

I say let this guy build a team that he wants, then check how we are playing and see where we are then.

On 16/11/2019 at 19:22, Andicis said:

Yeah but then Frank let all the air out of it by starting Bennett up top at Wembley.  I can remember standing on the concourse before kick off thinking "Well that's that then..."

21 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Yeah but then Frank let all the air out of it by starting Bennett up top at Wembley.  I can remember standing on the concourse before kick off thinking "Well that's that then..."

Same here. I actually wondered whether frank was already half way to Chelsea and didn’t want to win. He was also coming out with all the “ just pleased to be here” nonsense, which was totally out of character. 

(P.s. And huddlestone in midfield!)

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Same here. I actually wondered whether frank was already half way to Chelsea and didn’t want to win. He was also coming out with all the “ just pleased to be here” nonsense, which was totally out of character. 

(P.s. And huddlestone in midfield!)

?

Archived