DCFC Not So Mr Brightside After All

Inverurie Ram

So Derby County came out on the pitch to some Mr Brightside mix for a season or so and @Carl Sagan & @angieram rather liked it.

And the Killers are playing a load of football stadiums except Pride Park.

Oh well you can all pop along to Falkirk or Middlesbrough to see The Killers live instead........

https://discover.ticketmaster.co.uk/music/the-killers-43653/?j=2986828&l=20473_HTML&u=148483027&mid=1314420&jb=138&et_mid=2986828&et_rid=618310489&sfmc_sub=618310489&utm_source=eml-tm_so_19_11_15_the killers_mu&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1314420_2986828_11/15/2019

image.jpeg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So Derby County came out on the pitch to some Mr Brightside mix for a season or so and @Carl Sagan & @angieram rather liked it.

And the Killers are playing a load of football stadiums except Pride Park.

Oh well you can all pop along to Falkirk or Middlesbrough to see The Killers live instead........

https://discover.ticketmaster.co.uk/music/the-killers-43653/?j=2986828&l=20473_HTML&u=148483027&mid=1314420&jb=138&et_mid=2986828&et_rid=618310489&sfmc_sub=618310489&utm_source=eml-tm_so_19_11_15_the killers_mu&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1314420_2986828_11/15/2019

image.jpeg

I can tell you now, @angieram did not like it one bit! She has no understanding of today's youth culture?

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I can tell you now, @angieram did not like it one bit! She has no understanding of today's youth culture?

Despite me not relating to it, I learned every word so I could sing along and now they've stopped playing the bloomin' thing! 

You're right about my lack of understanding,  need some proper music like Queen, Bowie or T Rex. Marc Bolan knew how to write meaningful lyrics - 

"Did you ever see a woman coming out of New York City with a frog in her hand?" ? ?

I would have no intention of watching the Killers, but I definitely see a bit of irony in Middlesbrough having a gig at their place and us not. I believe part of our ''valuation'' was based on third party events being held at Pride Park. 

I guess we're just waiting for the good bands to come knocking, eh? 

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Despite me not relating to it, I learned every word so I could sing along and now they've stopped playing the bloomin' thing! 

You're right about my lack of understanding,  need some proper music like Queen, Bowie or T Rex. Marc Bolan knew how to write meaningful lyrics - 

"Did you ever see a woman coming out of New York City with a frog in her hand?" ? ?

I drive a Rolls Royce,

Coz it’s good for my voice. ?

The remix was an abomination against music but the actual  original song is one of the finest ever. Have seen The Killers in a Camden pub and then at the tiny ICA in London when they were just starting out and Brandon was too scared to come out from behind his keyboards. To which end I asked Mrs Sagan if she wanted to go to the Emirates as she's a gooner. But because they're now missing guitarist and bassist she's not very interested.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Fist heart mighty dawn dart
In some way our slain our yours
Stone eyes drill for wealth lies
In some way our fate is one

Got to go back prior to 72 to get proper crazy Bolan lyrics, by the time he was getting it on by banging a gong he'd lost that a bit .  Best T-Rex track is this one - never really gets a mention

Archived