Sheffield weds charged for ground sale

bimmerman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Leeds and Forest fans all over Twitter right now frothing at the mouth "what about Derby", not understanding that selling stadiums is/was allowed under EFL rules.

Clearly the EFL are not happy with how Sheffield Wednesday processed the sale, and not this must mean Derby and Villa are also screwed.

You mean the leeds and forest fans who's clubs also don't 'own' their stadiums in order to gain a financial benefit 

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

No, I think he means the Leeds and Forest fans who don’t care about little Derby...

I think they care too much

18 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

44 pages and counting!!!  At that rate they'll smash our record with the Thorne thread ?

Fair play for the level headed fans that correctly pointed out that our accountants know what they're doing...  

TBF these entries took place sometime ago and must have been reviewed and, in the absence of criticism, approved.  This bit worries me.  The EFL are quite capable of 180 deg change cancelling previous approvals and think there is nothing fundamentally wrong with this approach.  Not out of the woods yet but at least we can watch how SW deal with it first.

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

Did we do anything like that?

Going from memory here but I think this was announced in March of this year but when I checked Land Registry records it had happened 9 months before, which would have been June 2018. Not certain on my dates but will check later.

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought they sold it but didn't include it in the accounts until the following period?

Correction: included in the 2018 accounts but was actually sold a year later according to news articles.

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

if so that could affect the 3 year period where it takes affect?

Yep

Archived