It's only bloody CHRISTMAS ADVERT TIME AGAIN!!! ?

Parsnip

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, David said:

Blah blah misery negativity humbug.

I was just trying to add a bit of quality seasonal content to YOUR forum! But if that's your attitude I'll take my traffic generating content elsewhere thank you very much.

John Lewis (bit crap):

9 minutes ago, Coolascustard said:

2 boxes of mince pies done.   Mince pies are for life, not just for Christmas!!

The trouble is the shop bought mince pies are just getting too good. Co-op do the puff pastry ones which are amazing, Costa coffee do a really nice mince pie and don't get me started on that Sainsbury's all butter range. 

It should be regulated.

9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

The trouble is the shop bought mince pies are just getting too good. Co-op do the puff pastry ones which are amazing, Costa coffee do a really nice mince pie and don't get me started on that Sainsbury's all butter range. 

It should be regulated.

Not sure about puff pastry.  I like to try all the supermarket ones.  Just finishing off the Tesco luxury ones with brandy in them.  Bloomin’ marvellous!!

10 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

It should be regulated.

Don’t get me started. I remember trying to make some scones. In looking for the ingredients I found scone mix, that was cheaper. Then I found a pack of scones, that was even cheaper. I thought, ‘why am I even bothering to make them, these ones are cheaper, less effort, and probably better than what I can produce.’

Never understood the humbug brigade. At Christmas, the rest of us are drinking mulled cider and wine, wolfing down mince pies and brandy snaps smothered in whisky cream, meeting up with friends and family, feasting on roast dinners, partying, exchanging gifts and spoiling the kids rotten, not to mention enjoying some well-needed time off work. Christmas ads are sentimental but they remind all of us who love Christmas that it's on it's well on its way and I, for one, can't wait.

LOVE CHRISTMAS I DO!!!!

Archived