Dowell

Woodley Ram

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said in another topic earlier I wouldn't be surprised if he returned in January.

As with Butterfield, he's not a crap player, can totally understand why we signed him, just hasn't worked out for either of us, that's football.

We do have number of games between now and January, Cocu does like to mix things up so there could be opportunities still to show his worth.

He hasn’t fitted in yet which you could say about most of the players who have played in midfield this season if we are honest 

Everton will want him playing either with us or somewhere else - now if we were going to sign him permanently which I very much doubt we should persevere with him but I think we may be better letting sibley and knight have a go in his spot in the squad but it’s worth remembering that Dowell is still a youngster like many of the Derby lads 

I think he is an able footballer. He isn’t a Mason Mount in the making though. He had a run, didn’t show anything special to me.
A young man with some ability, but I suspect championship standard and young to boot .. so let’s use our own please.

fast forward to 2024 as he makes an England debut and I get failed scout of the year award ?

1 minute ago, jono said:

I think he is an able footballer. He isn’t a Mason Mount in the making though. He had a run, didn’t show anything special to me.
A young man with some ability, but I suspect championship standard and young to boot .. so let’s use our own please.

fast forward to 2024 as he makes an England debut and I get failed scout of the year award ?

If lingard can play for England then anybody under a contract at a perceived big club can - annoys me ! 

No idea how he's managed to regress so much. He was the main man at Everton's academy prior to going to Forest - he then burst on the scene and was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the league. He's now getting outperformed by our own academy lads in our U23 games. 

He looks to be taking the same path as Lewis McGugan. Shame really - I had really high hopes for him. He was excellent at Forest. The performance against Hull where he got a hat-trick was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a player. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No idea how he's managed to regress so much. He was the main man at Everton's academy prior to going to Forest - he then burst on the scene and was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the league. He's now getting outperformed by our own academy lads in our U23 games. 

He looks to be taking the same path as Lewis McGugan. Shame really - I had really high hopes for him. He was excellent at Forest. The performance against Hull where he got a hat-trick was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a player. 

It is very odd. I was quite excited when the loan was arranged. Yet he had several games, looked to have a goodish touch and knew what he was doing but there didn’t seem to be an X factor at all. Confidence, system, form or just maybe the Forest period was a Nick Blackman purple patch ? He can with allies, wasn’t Twan well in with the Everton youth management ? .. all very strange 

Been a very poor signing. He’s looked crap when he’s played too.

i don’t think it’s helped that we had Mount last season who was an absolute gem. He had very big boots to fill.

Will definitely be sent back in January. No loss, we’ve got Sibley waiting in the wings. 

I personally think he is the best player we have ever signed,  he is not the issue it is everyone else, they just don't have his vision or skill.

Archived