Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Looks like 433 with Bennett on the right wing

Could just as easily be a Diamond with Bennett playing with Martin, like for like swap with Marriott.

I'd argue that'd be Bennett's strongest position - not that I think that justifies dropping (an albeit out of form) Marriott for him

I really struggle to understand the obsession with Marriott and the frustration when he is taken out of the team.

You take out a patch of about ten games last season, and then what? 

I’m not saying he’s rubbish but it is honestly like we’ve dropped Cristiano Ronaldo the way some go on

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Odd one, does that mean we’re abandoning the diamond? Performances definitely picked up since we changed to it.

We only played the diamond for one and a half games. We were definitely better when using it, but the Bennett change doesnt necessarily mean we are moving away from it. His best position is more central rather than on the wing after all. Having said that i fully expect us to give our "wingers" another chance today.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

That team selection gives a sense we have someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Ah the "if you drop Marriott you can't be a professional manager" brigade.

Just now, nottingram said:

I really struggle to understand the obsession with Marriott and the frustration when he is taken out of the team.

You take out a patch of about ten games last season, and then what? 

I’m not saying he’s rubbish but it is honestly like we’ve dropped Cristiano Ronaldo the way some go on

Indeed.

People on twitter with the "Why would you change the 2 up front?!"

Well, maybe perhaps because in the last game we scored 0 goals and the two up front missed multiple good chances?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Indeed.

Well, maybe perhaps because in the last game we scored 0 goals and the two up front missed multiple good chances?

I’m sure I saw a stat saying Marriott had scored once in X games with X being somewhere in the 20’s

I couldn’t be bothered to check it but it seems like it might be legit

Definitely not good enough to warrant this nonsense reaction every time he’s left out the team

I'm flummoxed by the decision to leave Marriott out. How on earth is Marriott ever going to get back to full match fitness and sharpness when he is consistently left out?

The decision to include Forsyth is understandable, although we know Evans can do a job there, and his fitness levels are probably higher at this level at the moment.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So the solution is to have less strikers missing less chances? 

The way to find a solution is to try different things. That's pretty standard method.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Indeed.

Hate 2 up front. Its old hat. Glad we look like weve gone back to 433. ?

Archived