Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Anyone who thinks playing Bielik at CB and Evans DM needs to wake up. Look how it affected us last week, Evans isn’t comfortable enough on the ball, he slowed us down in midfield v forest.

I disagree Evans is ok on the ball. The difference was Beilik brings presence, power, aggression, movement, positional intelligence and is always looking to move the ball forwards quickly.

Evans is a passive player by comparison and why he’s a much better option at CB if it means moving Beilik!

PNE are like many teams in this division they play to their strengths in midfield, they are quick to close and agressive with it, it helps that they have a very tidy DM in there (his name escapes me at the mo, Watson?????)

The game will be won and lost in that midfield like most EFL games, so we MUST have Beilik and Shinnie in there from the start, they are our best midfield two and will give us the best chance to combat a strong Preston midfield. 

The third position in that midfield is very much up for grabs at the moment in my eyes, Holmes is struggling for form, Evans isn’t attacking enough and would destabilise the balance, but Knight and Sibley are smashing Cocus door down with their performances in the youth teams.

Personally is go with Knight as he’s got a bit of everything and a good engine on him to get him beyond Martin and back to defend when needed, reminds me a bit of a mix of Bryson and Hendrick when I’ve seen him.

Itll be interesting to see what Cocu does!

While I don't think Marriott has been good enough of late; not sure Bennett's going to offer any more. 

This is the problem with a lack of competent depth.

Archived