Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Watch from 1:20 and apologise.

If we are going to judge people's present situation by their fitness level five years ago, perhaps we should re-sign George Thorne. Having watched Wisdom in his (admittedly few, and mostly at FB) more recent appearances, he looked nowhere near as sharp as in his earlier years with us.

If he is selected and does well, I will be happy to admit that I was wrong, but there is no way I am going to apologise to anyone for expressing an honestly-held opinion on an internet forum.

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

If we are going to judge people's present situation by their fitness level five years ago, perhaps we should re-sign George Thorne. Having watched Wisdom in his (admittedly few, and mostly at FB) more recent appearances, he looked nowhere near as sharp as in his earlier years with us.

If he is selected and does well, I will be happy to admit that I was wrong, but there is no way I am going to apologise to anyone for expressing an honestly-held opinion on an internet forum.

The 'apologise' comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

But I'd still argue that he's far from slow relative to most centre backs. 

Well before international breat we only 3 points out of possable nine but we had few injuries again. With matt clark out for a while we need to think we can help out at centre back yes andrew wisdom could play as could Craig Forsyth. But we need to be looking long term signing.

I would like to see evens given that role as last home game he played well there and infront of home selby and homes. Lawrence and martin and Marriott upfront togather.

We need to win against prestion just keep ourselfs in the top 6 in touch until roony comes in. And hope he can create chances and score one or two goals himself but I think going to take at least a good two transfear windows until he gets it how he wants it.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well before international breat we only 3 points out of possable nine but we had few injuries again. With matt clark out for a while we need to think we can help out at centre back yes andrew wisdom could play as could Craig Forsyth. But we need to be looking long term signing.

I would like to see evens given that role as last home game he played well there and infront of home selby and homes. Lawrence and martin and Marriott upfront togather.

We need to win against prestion just keep ourselfs in the top 6 in touch until roony comes in. And hope he can create chances and score one or two goals himself but I think going to take at least a good two transfear windows until he gets it how he wants it.

Good points B4, Selby will be at snooker practice saturday though ? 

On 14/11/2019 at 16:24, desirelines said:

I'd go with three at the back simply because I don't trust having just two of the available CBs. 

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 16.22.52.png

Very attacking but Shinnie, Bielik and Holmes get overrun as a three without reducing that to a two. 

The back five would have to play high up the pitch which leaves room in behind and no real pace from the central defenders.

If Lowe or Bogle lose the ball in this formation you would have Davies or Evans running out wide, and they are likely to be outpaced 

On 19/11/2019 at 16:43, B4ev6is said:

i think id be able to get better odds than that....... ?

pne fan here

just want to see your view on this game, i see you have picked up form at home and we seem to struggle away from home how are you all predicting this game to go, i think because we should see daniel johnson (pne top goalscorer) back and ben pearson (best defensive midfielder in the league) is back from suspension this could be a good game i would be happy with a point or think we could nick it by a goal. what do you all think 

Just now, PNEFCMH said:

pne fan here

just want to see your view on this game, i see you have picked up form at home and we seem to struggle away from home how are you all predicting this game to go, i think because we should see daniel johnson (pne top goalscorer) back and ben pearson (best defensive midfielder in the league) is back from suspension this could be a good game i would be happy with a point or think we could nick it by a goal. what do you all think 

Ayup mate.

This game could go either way,

We're doing well at home, and from what I've heard you haven't been too great away from home?

Johnson and Pearson are two quality players.

Please start David Nugent ?

I reckon you will nick it to be honest, I said on the predictions thread Derby 2-3 Preston. 

Archived