Jump to content
86 Schmokes & a Pancake

Preston (H) - Match Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And Sean was replying to someone claiming we had 3 away games in London from the next 6 games.

And???? So what has your picking me up got to do with anything?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Watch from 1:20 and apologise.

 

If we are going to judge people's present situation by their fitness level five years ago, perhaps we should re-sign George Thorne. Having watched Wisdom in his (admittedly few, and mostly at FB) more recent appearances, he looked nowhere near as sharp as in his earlier years with us.

If he is selected and does well, I will be happy to admit that I was wrong, but there is no way I am going to apologise to anyone for expressing an honestly-held opinion on an internet forum.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

If we are going to judge people's present situation by their fitness level five years ago, perhaps we should re-sign George Thorne. Having watched Wisdom in his (admittedly few, and mostly at FB) more recent appearances, he looked nowhere near as sharp as in his earlier years with us.

If he is selected and does well, I will be happy to admit that I was wrong, but there is no way I am going to apologise to anyone for expressing an honestly-held opinion on an internet forum.

The 'apologise' comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

But I'd still argue that he's far from slow relative to most centre backs. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Share this post


Link to post

Well before international breat we only 3 points out of possable nine but we had few injuries again. With matt clark out for a while we need to think we can help out at centre back yes andrew wisdom could play as could Craig Forsyth. But we need to be looking long term signing.

I would like to see evens given that role as last home game he played well there and infront of home selby and homes. Lawrence and martin and Marriott upfront togather.

We need to win against prestion just keep ourselfs in the top 6 in touch until roony comes in. And hope he can create chances and score one or two goals himself but I think going to take at least a good two transfear windows until he gets it how he wants it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well before international breat we only 3 points out of possable nine but we had few injuries again. With matt clark out for a while we need to think we can help out at centre back yes andrew wisdom could play as could Craig Forsyth. But we need to be looking long term signing.

I would like to see evens given that role as last home game he played well there and infront of home selby and homes. Lawrence and martin and Marriott upfront togather.

We need to win against prestion just keep ourselfs in the top 6 in touch until roony comes in. And hope he can create chances and score one or two goals himself but I think going to take at least a good two transfear windows until he gets it how he wants it.

 

Good points B4, Selby will be at snooker practice saturday though 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/11/2019 at 16:24, desirelines said:

I'd go with three at the back simply because I don't trust having just two of the available CBs. 

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 16.22.52.png

Very attacking but Shinnie, Bielik and Holmes get overrun as a three without reducing that to a two. 

The back five would have to play high up the pitch which leaves room in behind and no real pace from the central defenders.

If Lowe or Bogle lose the ball in this formation you would have Davies or Evans running out wide, and they are likely to be outpaced 

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/11/2019 at 16:43, B4ev6is said:

Well before international breat we only 3 points out of possable nine but we had few injuries again. With matt clark out for a while we need to think we can help out at centre back yes andrew wisdom could play as could Craig Forsyth. But we need to be looking long term signing.

I would like to see evens given that role as last home game he played well there and infront of home selby and homes. Lawrence and martin and Marriott upfront togather.

We need to win against prestion just keep ourselfs in the top 6 in touch until roony comes in. And hope he can create chances and score one or two goals himself but I think going to take at least a good two transfear windows until he gets it how he wants it.

 

i think id be able to get better odds than that....... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/11/2019 at 15:27, BathRam72 said:

And???? So what has your picking me up got to do with anything?

He hasn't offered to pick you up... you'll have to catch the train!

 

 

 

 

*Well, it wasn't me who started all this nonsense!  LOL!

Share this post


Link to post

pne fan here

just want to see your view on this game, i see you have picked up form at home and we seem to struggle away from home how are you all predicting this game to go, i think because we should see daniel johnson (pne top goalscorer) back and ben pearson (best defensive midfielder in the league) is back from suspension this could be a good game i would be happy with a point or think we could nick it by a goal. what do you all think 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, PNEFCMH said:

pne fan here

just want to see your view on this game, i see you have picked up form at home and we seem to struggle away from home how are you all predicting this game to go, i think because we should see daniel johnson (pne top goalscorer) back and ben pearson (best defensive midfielder in the league) is back from suspension this could be a good game i would be happy with a point or think we could nick it by a goal. what do you all think 

Ayup mate.

This game could go either way,

We're doing well at home, and from what I've heard you haven't been too great away from home?

Johnson and Pearson are two quality players.

Please start David Nugent 🙂

 

I reckon you will nick it to be honest, I said on the predictions thread Derby 2-3 Preston. 

Share this post


Link to post

2-3 good scoreline i can see this game being all about attack nugent will be on the bench i suspect as the girrafe stockley will lead the line as he has been unplayable in last few games

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.