Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

8 hours ago, PNEFCMH said:

2-3 good scoreline i can see this game being all about attack nugent will be on the bench i suspect as the girrafe stockley will lead the line as he has been unplayable in last few games

I've got it as a 0-1 to you guys. 

We don't really do all out attack. Plus we're usually crap after an international break. All Cocus cognitive positional training seems to confuse the lads.

Ah well. Enjoy your trip to God's Own County 

COYR.....?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with

Roos

Bogle      Davies      Evans       Lowe

Bielik 

Knight        Shinnie

Lawrence

Waghorn            Martin

On 14/11/2019 at 10:56, Squid said:

My ideal team would be

Roos

Bogle   Davies   Wisdom   Lowe

Bielik

Sibley      Shinnie

Lawrence

Marriott   Martin

Give Trialist a chance by bringing him on in the 60th minute for Marriott.

That Sir is what I would like to see too. 

My pick of the peppers:

GK: Roos - First choice keeper, seems to be improving a little although he is the scapegoat of the team.

RB: Bogle - had a strong international break, although he had an unfortunate mistake hopefully he will let his actions on the pitch make up for it.

CB: Davies - Leader, Captain.

CB: Evans - Would be much more effective in centre back rather than in the midfield and I feel he is more suited to playing at the back.

LB: Lowe - The main man in the left back position, Malone injured and imo Lowe offers us just as much if not more than Malone does.

DM: Bielik - Hopefully Cocu sees what us lot see and slaps him into the holding midfield role. Much much better suited there rather than Centre Back.

RCM: Sibley - Boy this kid is good, a game like Preston would be the perfect chance for him to make his debut - His physicality and creativity would be perfect in this team.

LCM: Shinnie - Graeme Shinniesta, nuff said.

AM: Lawrence - Super Tom has been more effective than alcohol on the brain when playing in this position, creativity, speed, skill have all shown in the few games he's played in this role. 

LF: Martin - Fartin' Martin may not get all the goals but he is seriously important up top with his ability to pick a pass out of nowhere.

RF: Marriott - Swing low Jack, not been on top recently but hopefully the international break has done him abit of good.

Subs:

Trailist (Replace Martin) - Give trialist his debut with a shirt that says trialist on

Holmes (Replace Sibley) - Duane hasn't been the dogs baalocks recently and he needs to fight for his place, don't think Sibley could be effective for a full 90 minutes and should be replaced after about 70 mins,

Wisdom (Replace Evans) - Get him back in the first team asap, proper bloke, brick poohouse and would excel in the center back position. 

That'd be my pick but I have genuinely no idea how we will line up against a team like Preston.

Secretively optimistic, but you never know with football.

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

My pick of the peppers:

GK: Roos - First choice keeper, seems to be improving a little although he is the scapegoat of the team.

RB: Bogle - had a strong international break, although he had an unfortunate mistake hopefully he will let his actions on the pitch make up for it.

CB: Evans - Would be much more effective in centre back rather than in the midfield and I feel he is more suited to playing at the back.

LB: Lowe - The main man in the left back position, Malone injured and imo Lowe offers us just as much if not more than Malone does.

DM: Bielik - Hopefully Cocu sees what us lot see and slaps him into the holding midfield role. Much much better suited there rather than Centre Back.

RCM: Sibley - Boy this kid is good, a game like Preston would be the perfect chance for him to make his debut - His physicality and creativity would be perfect in this team.

AM: Lawrence - Super Tom has been more effective than alcohol on the brain when playing in this position, creativity, speed, skill have all shown in the few games he's played in this role. 

LF: Martin - Fartin' Martin may not get all the goals but he is seriously important up top with his ability to pick a pass out of nowhere.

RF: Marriott - Swing low Jack, not been on top recently but hopefully the international break has done him abit of good.

Subs:

Trailist (Replace Martin) - Give trialist his debut with a shirt that says trialist on

Holmes (Replace Sibley) - Duane hasn't been the dogs baalocks recently and he needs to fight for his place, don't think Sibley could be effective for a full 90 minutes and should be replaced after about 70 mins,

Wisdom (Replace Evans) - Get him back in the first team asap, proper bloke, brick poohouse and would excel in the center back position. 

That'd be my pick but I have genuinely no idea how we will line up against a team like Preston.

That would be my game plan too @Squid

I’d very much like to see Wisdom “re-invented”; I have a slight doubt about his heading but he has played well at centre back before and deserves a chance to rediscover himself. 
Sibley - yes! He’s in form and I’d wager that he rather than Bird and Knight is the youth who will blossom first into a Championship regular. He has a great engine and a lovely low centre of gravity and a tenacious biting tackle. The sort of footballer who will raise the crowd with a nicely timed crunching tackle and come away with the ball at speed...that’s what I want to see Mr Cocu. 

Roos

bogle Davies Forsyth Lowe

Belick

Sibley     Shinnie

Lawrence

Marriott Martin   

The time seems right to introduce sibley for a game and he is confident currently and Forsyth wouldn’t let us down but I would expect Belick to drop in there if needed with Evans replacing him - time for Marriott to score.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed that Cocu starts Sibley. It’s time.

Based on his interview; he seems to care a lot about his 3 year structure.

"The first year they train with the team, if they do well they maybe play in the cup here and there" were, I think, his words - call me lazy for not wanting to go and watch it back. Now I'm not saying its impossible that he flexes players into league games but unless injury forces it I think that's more likely later in the season.
Also, on the "if they do well" note I think Owen Bradley said in an interview with Sibley he's said himself he's struggled at times in the first team training. Although I could be mixing up memories, I think I got that information from observering other people's conversations ? 

Otherwise we're probably looking at next year for Sibley to come into the first team fold. 

Wouldn't be shocked to see Bielik drop back into the defence, Evans or Shinne come into the holding role, and then Sibley step into the gap.

- - - - - - - - - - Roos - - - - - - - - - -

Bogle - - - Bielik - - Davies - - - Lowe

- - - - - - - - - Shinnie - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Holmes - - Sibley - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - Lawrence - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Martin - - Marriott - - - - - - 

5 hours ago, Squid said:

My pick of the peppers:

Subs:

Agree with that starting X1 ?

53 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see Bielik drop back into the defence, Evans or Shinne come into the holding role, and then Sibley step into the gap.

- - - - - - - - - - Roos - - - - - - - - - -

Bogle - - - Bielik - - Davies - - - Lowe

- - - - - - - - - Shinnie - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Holmes - - Sibley - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - Lawrence - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Martin - - Marriott - - - - - - 

Bielik is wasted at centre half...

Tomorrow will be our 5th home victory in a row, keep Bielik at centre mid, him and Shinnie forming a good partnership, play Evans or Forsyth at centre back, got a feeling Marriott will get back to scoring goals after this international break, starting with 2 tomorrow, so 2-0 to the mighty Rams. 

We need to press against Preston

No time to mess against Preston

We need to score against Preston

Try to win, not draw against Preston

We need to sing against Preston

Try to support, not moan against Preston

We need to push against Preston

Try to move, not rush against Preston

No time to destuct against Preston

We need to shoot against Preston

Try to attack, not go back against Preston

We need to press and push the button against Preston (ohhh Sugarbabes)

No time to prance against Preston

We need to dance against Preston

Try to pass, not concede against Preston

We need to press and push the button against Preston (Ohhh Chemical Brothers)

No time to lose against Preston

We need to fight against Preston

Try to light, not be sh!te against Preston

On 14/11/2019 at 16:24, desirelines said:

I'd go with three at the back simply because I don't trust having just two of the available CBs. 

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 16.22.52.png

So we are desperately short of centre backs...so you are going to go with 3 center backs??  Surely makes more sense to have pace at full back and choose 2 holding mid if that is the case?

FWIW

roos

bogle        beilik       davies   lowe

evans

sibley      shinnie 

lawrence

marriott      Martin

On 21/11/2019 at 13:08, PNEFCMH said:

pne fan here

just want to see your view on this game, i see you have picked up form at home and we seem to struggle away from home how are you all predicting this game to go, i think because we should see daniel johnson (pne top goalscorer) back and ben pearson (best defensive midfielder in the league) is back from suspension this could be a good game i would be happy with a point or think we could nick it by a goal. what do you all think 

I've predicted a 1-1 draw. We're decent at home and been gradually improving but Preston are dangerous, having a good season and our defence still wobbles like a blancmange.

I think we all enjoyed PNE's slap down on Stoke (well, I certainly did) 

Archived