Sibley the best!

Brammie Steve

Also in that interview (around 18 minutes in), he makes an interesting comment about the importance of the young players who have made first team appearances but dropped back to the U23s having good attitudes. I know he's applying this generally, but part of me can't help thinking that this is particularly pertinent to Lee Buchanan, whose alleged involvement at the Joiners has coincided with our other left backs being fit, resulting in him dropping out of the first-team picture. Let's hope his attitude is one of determination to get back to where he was.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/11/2019 at 20:19, Millenniumram said:

He’s certainly hugely highly rated by all accounts, playing at the standard he is at his age. But we’ve gotta remember that he, and many of our other young lads, are all still exactly that- young lads! We can’t be expecting 18/19 year olds to be immediately making a massive impact at first team level. Some do like bogle, and it’s amazing when someone that young does step up, but you don’t wanna be relying on it. Gotta give players like Sibley the time to develop and Become the best players they can be, don’t wanna rush them and ruin their progression. 

Be brilliant if he and others could step up to the first team right now, but we’ve gotta remember they’re totally unproven at senior level, so who knows what level they’ll be at. If they’re not ready yet though, maybe some loans should be in order so we can see properly where they’re at in their development?

If I was Cocu, put Sibley on the bench a few times, then give him a run out in a match with about 10 mins to go.

The problem with 4231 is that midfielders are either attacking or defending. Their are no orthodox central midfielders. That’s why Hughes and Bryson didn’t fit into Rowett’s plans. And therefore it might be harder for knight and sibley to break through.

Sibley has a great ability to charge forward with the ball, but the two holding players have to be Eustace-like, and generally hold their positions. 

V Preston, we were playing the rowett system in the style of Lampard.

Carson 

wisdom.   Keogh.    Davies.    Forsyth

Huddlestone.   Ledley

weimann.       Vydra.      Lawrence 

Nugent

Roos

bogle.   Davies.   Forsyth.   Lowe

Bielik.    Shinnie/evans

Holmes.    Lawrence.   Bennett

Martin. 

Sibley wouldn’t be suited at all to the Shinnie role. Only options there for me are Evans and Bird, so it’ll obviously be the former taking his place for the next few weeks at least. Sibley is competing for that number 10 slot in this formation, and I didn’t see anything from the front 4 yesterday that suggested we needed a change massively.

• 4 weeks later...

I said it in a recent thread I started, it's time for Cocu to realise that Dowell is a complete waste of our time and complete waste of an opportunity for one of our young players.

We are currently heading down the table with no hope in sight for turning it around, we need a new hero.

Normally you wouldn't want to heap too much pressure on a young kids shoulders but the way Sibley plays his game I honestly think he could handle it.

Get Sibley, Bird, Knight and Hector-Ingram in that starting 11, whatever happens, happens...relegation? It didn't do Norwich, Southampton and Leicester any harm.

I am sick of seeing experienced seasoned pros play the game like they have never played the game before.

43 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said it in a recent thread I started, it's time for Cocu to realise that Dowell is a complete waste of our time and complete waste of an opportunity for one of our young players.

We are currently heading down the table with no hope in sight for turning it around, we need a new hero.

Normally you wouldn't want to heap too much pressure on a young kids shoulders but the way Sibley plays his game I honestly think he could handle it.

Get Sibley, Bird, Knight and Hector-Ingram in that starting 11, whatever happens, happens...relegation? It didn't do Norwich, Southampton and Leicester any harm.

I am sick of seeing experienced seasoned pros play the game like they have never played the game before.

Relegation? That could be disastrous. No guarantee we would come back up. 

8 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Relegation? That could be disastrous. No guarantee we would come back up. 

Of course, would never want to go down and if we did I would be the first to say "which idiot thought it would be a good idea to play the kids".

However...this season seems a complete and utter right off, so let's get Sibey et al integrated into this starting 11 and let Wayne Rooney teach them a thing or two.

Incidentally, I do wonder if the reintroduction of Dowell has something to do with Rooney, he would surely have known of Dowell and his potential whilst at Everton.

Archived