Sibley the best!

Brammie Steve

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm being serious, who on earth is JLR!

It’s Alfies new initials.......he’s a master of disguise!

Today’s he’s Irish.....tomorrow he could be found unconscious in the back of a crashed car. You never know where Alfie will show up next!

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's been a crazy few months. From Lampard leaving late to signing Wayne 32Red Rooney to our stadium sale being investigated to our players drink driving and crashing into each other causing our Captain to be ruled out for the season and then sacked while the lads that have broken the law are allowed to play. Add into that poor results and beaten twice by Forest by November. Out of a cup and not won away since opening day. 

I'm not saying I'm bothered by all of it but if you fully approve and support everything the club has done since we lost to Villa then I'd say you deserve a job at the club in some sort of PR role.

Interestingly your name isn’t @Carl Sagan

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That’s quite alright then. Funny what a few glasses of brandy can do to your senses. ?

I also sense that you're not happy that I provided a few reasons why someone else might be disillusioned. 

I can't sense why though. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I also sense that you're not happy that I provided a few reasons why someone else might be disillusioned. 

I can't sense why though. 

No @Alpha not so. I can understand disillusionment entirely. Let’s face it, football is slowly being ruined at large. I’m just glad I lived through it’s golden age. VAR and TV and £ have properly screwed it. 

In one of those other Parallel Universes if we played Bird, Knight and Sibley as a midfield three how long would it take them to 1) hold their own in the championship or 2) become a quality championship midfield

If anyone is interested I reckon

1) A month 2) Not sure they ever would but would not totally rule it out

9 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

In one of those other Parallel Universes if we played Bird, Knight and Sibley as a midfield three how long would it take them to 1) hold their own in the championship or 2) become a quality championship midfield

If anyone is interested I reckon

1) A month 2) Not sure they ever would but would not totally rule it out

It’s certainly a thought 

39 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

No @Alpha not so. I can understand disillusionment entirely. Let’s face it, football is slowly being ruined at large. I’m just glad I lived through it’s golden age. VAR and TV and £ have properly screwed it. 

How far away are we from American style coverage. Every break in play a quick sponsor will be on the screen. All stadiums sponsored name changes. One league match played abroad. 

I guess it's all understandable. It's the only way to get ahead of the comp. I bet at one time it was unthinkable that Man United would snub the FA Cup and Cardiff would change their kit colour.

I think the majority of fans will accept change. 

Derby wearing Paddy Power Green? "Hey, if it helps us compete then that's what we have to do. Besides, we haven't always been black and white" kind of talk.

We accepted "iPro" 

Vast majority see 32Red helping us bag Rooney as a very clever move.

The majority will accept it. A few will slip away with a shake of the head but they'll be replaced and forgotten. 

I used to know all about teams all over the leagues. I could name a couple of players from Port Vale or tell you the name of every ground. 

Now I couldn't name you any Championship starting 11. I couldn't name you many PL starting 11!!!

I follow Derby but mostly against my will. The whole sport has changed and I find myself feeling a bit bitter about the whole thing. I'm 34 but it's changed a lot since my teens

The face of a crowd has changed a lot.

Theres nothing wrong with Tarquin filling his face with a sponsored Latte. Nobody should be excluded from football. But it feels as if everything is geared towards recliner chairs and a waiter in the South Stand. 

That's cool. It's just not how it was when I first went to the BBG. That's the game I fell in love with.That raw tribal bravado.

I know pundits have been a thing for as long as I can remember. But the last decade or so has been a battle of broadcasters trying to milk every last drop of interest from you. "Don't go!! We have 500 of your favourite players here to explain something you can't possibly understand" 

We've gone from Alan Hansen pressing pause to Gary Neville's giant ipad. 

The pundits are all competing to stand out as so go OTT to the point Kevin Kilbane is furious with Vincent Kompany's positioning and Alan Shearer thinks elbowing someone is a disgrace. No trace of hypocrisy..

Advertising in general just bothers me. I find it so intrusive. Everything you go on it's just a bombardment. A billion promises. Wear this aftershave and you'll have a strong jawline. Buy these trainers and you'll beat Usain Bolt. Everybody flew to the Maldives yesterday except you. Pay us just £300 per day and you too can drive our car and pretend you own it. Do you need Credit? We will give you £75m and you don't pay a single penny back. Ever! 

********, baalocks and lies. 

Shove a battery up my arse and my transformation into a robot is complete. 

I realise I sound like a rebel without a cause. It's part of my grand plan to be a miserable Bamford before I'm 35. 

Sorry. Sibely is good anyway. ?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

How far away are we from American style coverage. Every break in play a quick sponsor will be on the screen. All stadiums sponsored name changes. One league match played abroad. 

I guess it's all understandable. It's the only way to get ahead of the comp. I bet at one time it was unthinkable that Man United would snub the FA Cup and Cardiff would change their kit colour.

I think the majority of fans will accept change. 

Derby wearing Paddy Power Green? "Hey, if it helps us compete then that's what we have to do. Besides, we haven't always been black and white" kind of talk.

We accepted "iPro" 

Vast majority see 32Red helping us bag Rooney as a very clever move.

The majority will accept it. A few will slip away with a shake of the head but they'll be replaced and forgotten. 

I used to know all about teams all over the leagues. I could name a couple of players from Port Vale or tell you the name of every ground. 

Now I couldn't name you any Championship starting 11. I couldn't name you many PL starting 11!!!

I follow Derby but mostly against my will. The whole sport has changed and I find myself feeling a bit bitter about the whole thing. I'm 34 but it's changed a lot since my teens

The face of a crowd has changed a lot.

Theres nothing wrong with Tarquin filling his face with a sponsored Latte. Nobody should be excluded from football. But it feels as if everything is geared towards recliner chairs and a waiter in the South Stand. 

That's cool. It's just not how it was when I first went to the BBG. That's the game I fell in love with.That raw tribal bravado.

I know pundits have been a thing for as long as I can remember. But the last decade or so has been a battle of broadcasters trying to milk every last drop of interest from you. "Don't go!! We have 500 of your favourite players here to explain something you can't possibly understand" 

We've gone from Alan Hansen pressing pause to Gary Neville's giant ipad. 

The pundits are all competing to stand out as so go OTT to the point Kevin Kilbane is furious with Vincent Kompany's positioning and Alan Shearer thinks elbowing someone is a disgrace. No trace of hypocrisy..

Advertising in general just bothers me. I find it so intrusive. Everything you go on it's just a bombardment. A billion promises. Wear this aftershave and you'll have a strong jawline. Buy these trainers and you'll beat Usain Bolt. Everybody flew to the Maldives yesterday except you. Pay us just £300 per day and you too can drive our car and pretend you own it. Do you need Credit? We will give you £75m and you don't pay a single penny back. Ever! 

********, baalocks and lies. 

Shove a battery up my arse and my transformation into a robot is complete. 

I realise I sound like a rebel without a cause. It's part of my grand plan to be a miserable Bamford before I'm 35. 

Sorry. Sibely is good anyway. ?

Fantastic. I’m 20 years older than you @Alpha. Bring back the fag smoke and boiled hotdog onion aroma of the BBG any day and the feeling that you were about to watch a cracking game of football in a supercharged atmosphere. 

Archived