Sibley the best!

Brammie Steve

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

In pre-season Sibbo said to me "I just want a chance to show [Cocu] what I can do" or something like that. I'm concerned that when Rooney is playing there's one fewer place. Our current midfield is average at best when young Louie has the potential to be a cross between Mount and Wilson. After last night (and everything he's done) he deserves the chance. If we don't play him, we'll never know.

Not been on the forum because of disillusionment with the club but playing Sibley would be something that encouraged me to re-engage.

Sorry to hear that @Carl Sagan; hope you can relight the torch again soon. “Wayne’s World” will be interesting and will once again thrust the Club into the public glare. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

In pre-season Sibbo said to me "I just want a chance to show [Cocu] what I can do" or something like that. I'm concerned that when Rooney is playing there's one fewer place. Our current midfield is average at best when young Louie has the potential to be a cross between Mount and Wilson. After last night (and everything he's done) he deserves the chance. If we don't play him, we'll never know.

Not been on the forum because of disillusionment with the club but playing Sibley would be something that encouraged me to re-engage.

Why are you disillusioned ! 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why are you disillusioned ! 

It's been a crazy few months. From Lampard leaving late to signing Wayne 32Red Rooney to our stadium sale being investigated to our players drink driving and crashing into each other causing our Captain to be ruled out for the season and then sacked while the lads that have broken the law are allowed to play. Add into that poor results and beaten twice by Forest by November. Out of a cup and not won away since opening day. 

I'm not saying I'm bothered by all of it but if you fully approve and support everything the club has done since we lost to Villa then I'd say you deserve a job at the club in some sort of PR role.

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's been a crazy few months. From Lampard leaving late to signing Wayne 32Red Rooney to our stadium sale being investigated to our players drink driving and crashing into each other causing our Captain to be ruled out for the season and then sacked while the lads that have broken the law are allowed to play. Add into that poor results and beaten twice by Forest by November. Out of a cup and not won away since opening day. 

I'm not saying I'm bothered by all of it but if you fully approve and support everything the club has done since we lost to Villa then I'd say you deserve a job at the club in some sort of PR role.

Is that all?

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You are assuming the club brought all of this on itself .

I would say thing have conspired against them .

Maybe if McClaren had beat QPR at Wembley against 10 men history would be different 

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are assuming the club brought all of this on itself .

I would say thing have conspired against them .

Maybe if McClaren had beat QPR at Wembley against 10 men history would be different 

1) I'm not assuming anything. I barely care about half of it and the rest I don't care about at all. 

2) I wouldn't. They signed Rooney, sold the stadium, sacked Keogh etc etc. 

3) has nothing to do with anything. You've brought up 1 game from May 2014. It's now November 2019. If Jim Smith hadn't got promoted then maybe we'd be in the Champions League now (other such nonsense is infinite) 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

1) I'm not assuming anything. I barely care about half of it and the rest I don't care about at all. 

2) I wouldn't. They signed Rooney, sold the stadium, sacked Keogh etc etc. 

3) has nothing to do with anything. You've brought up 1 game from May 2014. It's now November 2019. If Jim Smith hadn't got promoted then maybe we'd be in the Champions League now (other such nonsense is infinite) 

Ok I’ll bring up another game. 

Wembley 2019 against Villa. 

Win that and we be 100 Million better off etc. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Ok I’ll bring up another game. 

Wembley 2019 against Villa. 

Win that and we be 100 Million better off etc. 

But we didn't. 

But in the other universe @Carl Sagan is hanging outside Moor Farm for Ben Hamer's autograph. 

Just in this one he's felt the buzz from last season be replaced by controversy. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Cocu needs time mate. 

Carl is just one voice. 

Yeah I know. 

I don't think he's trying to speak for anyone else. You asked why he's disillusioned and I think there is plenty to pick from that could be putting people off. 

Just now, Alpha said:

Yeah I know. 

I don't think he's trying to speak for anyone else. You asked why he's disillusioned and I think there is plenty to pick from that could be putting people off. 

I think without putting words into his mouth that he is disillusioned because Cocu isn’t picking enough of his beloved U23 team players . 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think without putting words into his mouth that he is disillusioned because Cocu isn’t picking enough of his beloved U23 team players . 

Well a couple look better than the crap Everton u23 that Cocu picks. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Sibley is an excellent player, no question that he's good enough to play for us already. I just feel that we would have an unfair advantage playing him in the first team and we want keep the playing field level. 

When he does I will be watching him with great interest to see if the euphoria about him is correct. 

I see a good young player but that’s all at the moment. 

If only Brian Clough hadn't left the club.

If only none of the 1970-76 players ever had to age, retire, go to other teams.

If only none of us had to pass the zenith of our lives,

proceed on a steady inexorable decline

pursued by our very personal Nemesis,

Be that what it may.

If only none of us ever had cause to say "if only."

I for one would hate to live in such a tedious Utopian state!

(I always was a bit odd.

Comes from not being the centre of the universe I suppose.)

Archived