Sign in to follow this  
Curtains

38 miles round trip to watch U23s at Loughborough

On 15/11/2019 at 13:48, Curtains said:

Ok then I’ll rectify the hypocrisy 

I’m done with the U23s. 

First team only for me now 

Funny, I’m almost going the other way. I’d rather watch my team win 7-1 every week, rather than loosing 1-0. 

out of interest, everyone’s talking about the trip being 38 miles. But is that 38 miles from pride park? The real question is how much your normal journey would be compared with the journey to Loughborough. 

ie if it’s 38 miles to Loughborough, big you normally travel a 10 mile round trip to pride park, then were only really talking about a difference of 28 miles. And most of that is on the a50 / m1 so you’re flying along. I dare say you could get to Loughborough quicker, or not far off, than you could get to pride park. 

I went to Loughborough university and commuted daily from Mickleover. I used to work in Leicestershire county council and commuted daily from Hilton. Now I parade with the Reseves every Tuesday night in Loughborough. It’s really not a big deal of a drive, and takes me about the same time as it takes to get to pride park on the other side of Derby. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Funny, I’m almost going the other way. I’d rather watch my team win 7-1 every week, rather than loosing 1-0. 

out of interest, everyone’s talking about the trip being 38 miles. But is that 38 miles from pride park? The real question is how much your normal journey would be compared with the journey to Loughborough. 

ie if it’s 38 miles to Loughborough, big you normally travel a 10 mile round trip to pride park, then were only really talking about a difference of 28 miles. And most of that is on the a50 / m1 so you’re flying along. I dare say you could get to Loughborough quicker, or not far off, than you could get to pride park. 

I went to Loughborough university and commuted daily from Mickleover. I used to work in Leicestershire county council and commuted daily from Hilton. Now I parade with the Reseves every Tuesday night in Loughborough. It’s really not a big deal of a drive, and takes me about the same time as it takes to get to pride park on the other side of Derby. 

Fair enough but I still won’t go to Loughborough.

PS Been to many Derby Reserve games at BBG and Pirelli but I’m afraid it’s Pride Park or bust for me now  .

U23s at Moor Farm we’re accessible by getting a ticket from PP beforehand but they are behind closed doors now  

54 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Fair enough but I still won’t go to Loughborough.

PS Been to many Derby Reserve games at BBG and Pirelli but I’m afraid it’s Pride Park or bust for me now  .

U23s at Moor Farm we’re accessible by getting a ticket from PP beforehand but they are behind closed doors now  

But where are you commuting from? Do you live in pride park? You’ve got to be driving from somewhere. Would it really be that much more of an issue to drive another 10 minutes. 

On 16/11/2019 at 18:46, TigerTedd said:

But where are you commuting from? Do you live in pride park? You’ve got to be driving from somewhere. Would it really be that much more of an issue to drive another 10 minutes. 

After all this pissing & moaning, he probably lives in Kegworth 🙄