38 miles round trip to watch U23s at Loughborough

Curtains

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

And your point is ! 

That you travel to games that suit you but moan about global warming when you're asked to travel to Loughborough for the under 23s. 

As @Ghost of Clough points out, Loughborough is nearer for some of us.

Anyway, under 19s are at Pride Park next Wednesday so you can go to that one with a clear conscience! 

Enjoy the game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angieram said:

That you travel to games that suit you but moan about global warming when you're asked to travel to Loughborough for the under 23s. 

As @Ghost of Clough points out, Loughborough is nearer for some of us.

Anyway, under 19s are at Pride Park next Wednesday so you can go to that one with a clear conscience! 

Enjoy the game.

I’m aware of all that. 

I made a serious point that I didn’t want to pay petrol money for a 38 miles journey for an U23 game and why is that such an issue to some. .

Maybe I want to spend that petrol money on something else .

Now it has evolved into a tongue in cheek but nevertheless serious discussion about global warming particularly in this climate. 

People disregard global warming at future peril. 

We are all hypocrites in one way or another. 

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I mean my guess was very liberal truthfully but still, you'd be looking at no more than a couple of quid at the absolute max of things.

Mate I’m really not going to argue semantics about this. 

I don’t want to put myself out to go to Loughborough to watch the U23s all the time but others do. 

The cost is an issue as I ain’t rich but not the only issue as at 67 I’m not able to enjoy the cold weather so much. 

I’m not pleading poverty either. 

To be honest it’s about choices at the end of the day. 

I didn’t expect the response to be so strong to this thread .

End of the day I personally won’t go to Loughborough as much as I would go to PP .

If Derby County want to play at Loughborough it’s their prerogative

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Ha ha 

The hypocrisy of people moaning about global warming and then doing everything to create it. 

What do you suggest then, everyone goes back to living in caves & eating berries??  I didn't moan about global warming, I merely said I'm concerned about the dangers.  I walk wherever possible, I recycle, use low energy light bulbs throughout the house, don't leave stuff on standby over night.  I do as much as I can bar, living out of a tent.

If we're talking about hypocrites, just think about the amount of power it takes to host a match day at PP.  Would you sacrifice Derby County Football Club to ease pollution???  WOULD YOU ****!!!

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate I’m really not going to argue semantics about this. 

I don’t want to put myself out to go to Loughborough to watch the U23s all the time but others do. 

The cost is an issue as I ain’t rich but not the only issue as at 67 I’m not able to enjoy the cold weather so much. 

I’m not pleading poverty either. 

To be honest it’s about choices at the end of the day. 

I didn’t expect the response to be so strong to this thread .

End of the day I personally won’t go to Loughborough as much as I would go to PP .

If Derby County want to play at Loughborough it’s there prerogative

Excellent.  Thread closed then.

wrap it up GIF

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

What do you suggest then, everyone goes back to living in caves & eating berries??  I didn't moan about global warming, I merely said I'm concerned about the dangers.  I walk wherever possible, I recycle, use low energy light bulbs throughout the house, don't leave stuff on standby over night.  I do as much as I can bar, living out of a tent.

If we're talking about hypocrites, just think about the amount of power it takes to host a match day at PP.  Would you sacrifice Derby County Football Club to ease pollution???  WOULD YOU ****!!!

Derby County is very very important in my life. 

I wouldn’t want to sacrifice them. 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

My main concern with global warming is the impact it's having from the electricity, internet and server costs etc to allow Curtains to post on the internet. The cures scientists could be working on with that wasted energy!

How much are you supporting the Foxes buying them crisps lol

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Derby County is very very important in my life. 

I wouldn’t want to sacrifice them. 

Then you're a hypocrite...

The impact of you driving to Loughbrough & back is negligible compared to the amount of electricity consumed by PP & the CO2 released from supporter's cars on a match day.

I expect you'll be raising the issue of the club doing more to reduce their carbon foot print at the next supporters Q&A??  Or perhaps not, because you're only banging the environment argument cus nobody agreed with your original argument about Loughbrough being as difficult to get to as Ulan Batar!!!

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Then you're a hypocrite...

The impact of you driving to Loughbrough & back is negligible compared to the amount of electricity consumed by PP & the CO2 released from supporter's cars on a match day.

I expect you'll be raising the issue of the club doing more to reduce their carbon foot print at the next supporters Q&A??  Or perhaps not, because you're only banging the environment argument cus nobody agreed with your original argument about Loughbrough being as difficult to get to as Ulan Batar!!!

Ok then I’ll rectify the hypocrisy 

I’m done with the U23s. 

First team only for me now 

Archived