38 miles round trip to watch U23s at Loughborough

Curtains

As I live in Loughborough, I’ve been to a lot of the games at the Uni, last season and this, along with some fellow resident Loughborough Rams (and some token foxes)

Anyway, it’s a great facility and very easy to get to as it’s a half a mile off the M1 junction...or a 10 minute taxi from EMA..lol

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Maybe I’m being selfish but I ain’t going 38 miles for U23 game.  

I travel all over for the 1st team and that cost enough. 

Don’t really bother with matches on RamsTV sorry 

Well if you ain't going it doesn't matter how far away it is, does it?

I travelled up from Bedford for the U19s against Minsk and I propose to travel up for the Akranes game, as well as being a ST holder and frequent away attendee. There are plenty of fans more dedicated than me.

In the great scheme of things, 19 miles each way is bugger all.

19 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Well if you ain't going it doesn't matter how far away it is, does it?

I travelled up from Bedford for the U19s against Minsk and I propose to travel up for the Akranes game, as well as being a ST holder and frequent away attendee. There are plenty of fans more dedicated than me.

In the great scheme of things, 19 miles each way is bugger all.

Except I ain’t going. 

Just not going to go to Loughborough end of. 

4 hours ago, David said:

get out GIF

In all seriousness if only the club found a way of allowing the fans to watch the game who were unable to make the mammoth cross country 38 mile round trip in the week.

Maybe stream it on the internet?

then it would be what about fans who due to ill health cant even make it to PP .count your blessing Mr Curtains.at the end of the day its the EFL who say when a match can be streamed.Stop moaning go and support the lads, i wish i could

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I used to work at Lboro Uni, it's not too bad to get to and the stadium is actually really nice. I used to use the gym that's built within it. 

It's the closest thing the UK has got to the Michigan Stadium with regards to college/university sports, I believe. 

I must admit I only watch it to check out who's in the gym. I'm sure I saw Jim in the Gym last week, going hell for leather on the cross trainer. I think I saw Sue too, on the treadmill, before my eyes wandered off to watch the Rams convert a couple more dodgy penalties as MD and his mate celebrated behind the goal with arms aloft beside the big DCFC St George flag.

C'mon George get yourself in the Gym tonight, you might meet Georgina having a Ribenna, and if you see Jim, tell him, the Rams are playing outside.........

Oh I also watch to see what @angieram is wearing. I've just put on £1 bet at Ladbrokes that she'll be wearing a parrot called Peter on her right shoulder tonight and an eye patch like Gabrielle!

13 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I must admit I only watch it to check out who's in the gym. I'm sure I saw Jim in the Gym last week, going hell for leather on the cross trainer. I think I saw Sue too, on the treadmill, before my eyes wandered off to watch the Rams convert a couple more dodgy penalties as MD and his mate celebrated behind the goal with arms aloft beside the big DCFC St George flag.

C'mon George get yourself in the Gym tonight, you might meet Georgina having a Ribenna, and if you see Jim, tell him, the Rams are playing outside.........

Oh I also watch to see what @angieram is wearing. I've just put on £1 bet at Ladbrokes that she'll be wearing a parrot called Peter on her right shoulder tonight and an eye patch like Gabrielle!

I'm gutted to tell you that I won't be there tonight, Inverurie as I am a 168 miles round trip away from Loughborough at the moment. 

I know, half fan, me! 

On a more serious note I live in Ripley and thought Loughborough would be further than St George's Park for me but it isn't,  it's 2 miles closer. It is much easier to get to, the facilities are great, view excellent and there's a great opportunity to chat to DCFC staff and players around the academy squad. I really like it.

Now if they can just sort out all those Monday night fixtures that clash with my dominoes matches I will be very happy. 

(Off to find my eye patch for next week at Pride Park v IA Akranes!) 

15 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

You think that's bad I'm 10,250 miles away, mind you only a half fan can only do it once or twice a year.

Mate, travelling over 40,000 miles to watch only two games is anything but being a half fan. I'm just over a couple of hours from PP and see a max 3 to 5 games a year FFS! ?

#sixteenthfan

Archived