Luciano Acosta - signed for Atlas FC

Bubbles

7 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

According to US websites Acosta earns $600,000 salary plus $700,000 guaranteed compensation (whatever that is) so thats approx £ 1m a year or about £20k per week.

We could match that but unfortunately so could dozens of other clubs

Compensation is the player's base salary + other fees such as signing bonuses divided over the number of years the contract is for. It's 100k higher and his contract was a 3 year one - so that's £300k of additional fees. ~£2.5m contract - which is how the Americans do things, rather than basing it on money per week.

Also worth noting that the MLS has a wage cap, in attempt to achieve league parity; and most of a team's "cap hit" goes into the old european players they bring over to increase the profile; so I wouldn't be surprised if he sees a wage rise, if he were to move here. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Boycie said:

If he’s that good, offer him Keogh’s freed up wages.

Just for context of how good he is:

• Acosta - 20 goals in 107 appearances (loan and permanent)
  • Johnny Russell (the man, the myth, the running through ad-boards face first breaking said face and then playing on) - 19 goals in 60 games

He's a lovely looking player but I'd suggest that might be potentially better prospects for less money knocking around

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

• Johnny Russell (the man, the myth, the running through ad-boards face first breaking said face and then playing on) - 19 goals in 60 games

He's a lovely looking player but I'd suggest that might be potentially better prospects for less money knocking around

Him and Wayne formed a quality partnership in the MLS. LuchaRoo was the nickname if I remember correctly. 

He isn't exactly a goalscorer, but he has the creativity we are currently lacking. He's got unbelievable footwork and if you research into him you'll see how skillful he is. 

He even scored a couple of headers! at 5'3!

For a free transfer, a good friend of Wayne, who will continue to grow in the same team as him, and also learn from him, he would be fantastic.

There's a reason he was close to moving to PSG (DC United pulled out after he passed his medical) and is also scouted by Man Utd and Sevilla.

If we pull this off we will not regret it, I can bet the £2 change i've got in my pocket on it.

He's also bloody rapid too, our team as a whole isnt the quickest.

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

He isn't exactly a goalscorer, but he has the creativity we are currently lacking. He's got unbelievable footwork and if you research into him you'll see how skillful he is. 

I've seen some videos but we all know how unreliable video evidence is

26 minutes ago, Squid said:

He even scored a couple of headers! at 5'3!

I'd be worried about his physicality in the championship - Our league is full of 'robust' teams and players - The MLS is still a little more open in it's style (they seem to actually believe that open, attacking play from both sides is quite fun to watch!) - I think he'd need a good amount of time to adapt

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

For a free transfer, a good friend of Wayne, who will continue to grow in the same team as him, and also learn from him, he would be fantastic.

It's the wages that put me off - We're still talking about £1m a season so he needs to be worth 2x players

Plus - Where would be play? We've just changed to a 4-4-2 diamond system and you'd imagine Rooney will take the tip of the diamond when he comes in...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

That is true, can't argue with that, but I have heard a lot of praise about him.

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd be worried about his physicality in the championship - Our league is full of 'robust' teams and players - The MLS is still a little more open in it's style (they seem to actually believe that open, attacking play from both sides is quite fun to watch!) - I think he'd need a good amount of time to adapt

Yes I believe his physicality is an issue, however in a midfield of Bielik Shinnie Rooney then thats fine, aslong as he has the confidence to take on players if he draws a few free kicks etc that's good for us.

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It's the wages that put me off - We're still talking about £1m a season so he needs to be worth 2x players

Plus - Where would be play? We've just changed to a 4-4-2 diamond system and you'd imagine Rooney will take the tip of the diamond when he comes in...

The wages are quite a bit however we will be getting someone with a lot of promise, who has attracted interest from top european teams.

I reckon Rooney will sit behind the number 10 role.

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Most of our best attacking players over the years; Mount, Wilson, Ince etc. are all players that "I'd be worried about his physicality" applies too. I don't think it's a good argument, to be frank. I think it's outdated.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Most of our best attacking players over the years; Mount, Wilson, Ince etc. are all players that "I'd be worried about his physicality" applies too. I don't think it's a good argument, to be frank. I think it's outdated.

Quite. And I remember John White of the Spurs 60/61 side. His incredibly frail appearance was a real concern but he was fantastic as an inside right and became a Scottish international. (He was killed at 27 by a lightning strike). 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I think the league is as physical as it's ever been - Just in a different way

Hughes struggled with it in his first season - Used to try and go shoulder to shoulder with blokes twice his size and got shoved off the ball - Realised after a while that he needed to spin off those challenges instead

Ince, Mount and Wilson all arrived at us with the knowledge of how to play this league - Find more space, roll off the player, don't engage physically, try to pick up the ball deeper - It takes some players a while to adapt to that and coming from the MLS where people stand off a bit more that would be a reservation for me

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Dont worry about his physicality in the Champ , Bannan and Hernandez cope ok

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

All the stick JR got and whilst he had his faults he's miles better than what we've got currently .

Archived