Luciano Acosta - signed for Atlas FC

Bubbles

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pretty sure this is a non-starter. Don't you need to have a cap for your country to get a work permit?

Only for non-EU citizens. He might actually be eligible for EU citizenship. It's not that unlikely that he would be able to qualify specifically for Italian citizenship. A lot of Argentinians have Italian ancestry and Italy has fairly lax laws on citizenship by descent, so there's a chance he might qualify for it himself, or could qualify for it if an ancestor does. A lot of footballers from South America take this path to make it easier to work in Europe. Jorginho at Chelsea is a good example of this, as he is an Italian citizen through his great-great-grandfather's Italian citizenship. Jorginho's grandfather gained Italian citizenship through this, and as Jorginho's grandfather was now an Italian citizen, Jorginho therefore also had a right to Italian citizenship.

Or failing that we could just get him in touch with Esteban Fuertes.

Pessimism tells me he’s only done good In the MLS so no real idea what level he’d be at in proper football- could just turn out to be yet another distinctly average number 10, of which we have enough.

Realism tells me he’s using us to get a move to Boca forced through

Optimism tells me he’s Argentinian and has a cool name so is guaranteed to tear the division apart, and with Rooney calling him up he’s certain to join. 

Im going with the latter.

We've got just two hopes to get this guy signed up - Bob and No. 

Rooney is obviously excited about his first coaching job, especially as it's the same club that got Lampard on the ladder, but Acosta is 25. If his agent is worth his salt then he'll tell him to stay clear of the Midlands, unless it's Leicester on the other end of the phone. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

We've got just two hopes to get this guy signed up - Bob and No. 

Rooney is obviously excited about his first coaching job, especially as it's the same club that got Lampard on the ladder, but Acosta is 25. If his agent is worth his salt then he'll tell him to stay clear of the Midlands, unless it's Leicester on the other end of the phone. 

You can’t beat being cheerful and optimistic - strange from someone who is Ambitious!

I'm a little confused as to why everyone is so hyped about someone who made his name in the MLS? Johnny Russell's goalscoring record in this league is far superior to this guy's. I'm not saying he's worse than Johnny Russell, but the level of excitement for someone we know so little about seems very strange. 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm a little confused as to why everyone is so hyped about someone who made his name in the MLS? Johnny Russell's goalscoring record in this league is far superior to this guy's. I'm not saying he's worse than Johnny Russell, but the level of excitement for someone we know so little about seems very strange. 

Free transfer is better than £4.5 million for an Anya ? 

We could still use a Russell type with the side we currently have 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Free transfer is better than £4.5 million for an Anya ? 

We could still use a Russell type with the side we currently have 

Clearly, but Ikechi Anya shouldn't be the benchmark for a good signing.

We could do with a Russell type. But a Russell type on a free wouldn't be the "best free transfer ever in our club's history". If he comes, I'll certainly have an open mind, but the way people are going on you'd have thought that we've been linked with Zlatan.

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Clearly, but Ikechi Anya shouldn't be the benchmark for a good signing.

We could do with a Russell type. But a Russell type on a free wouldn't be the "best free transfer ever in our club's history". If he comes, I'll certainly have an open mind, but the way people are going on you'd have thought that we've been linked with Zlatan.

He is a really good player iv watched a few games from when rooney signed for us hes better the johnny Russell and i loved johnny Russell when he was here hes like Georgi Kinkladze but with more pace 

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

He is a really good player iv watched a few games from when rooney signed for us hes better the johnny Russell and i loved johnny Russell when he was here hes like Georgi Kinkladze but with more pace 

He looks alright in the MLS, yes, but does that transfer to the Championship? I'm not saying he's crap, but I do think the hype is a bit much.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Because he's Argentinian and we always love our Argentinians. Obviously.

Archived