Bob Paisley

oldtimeram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You are spot on .  My dad used to see him  sometimes. He was invited by the club too attend matches when Liverpool stopped him attending training sessions as it was decided he was becoming a distraction. Why Derby decided to do this I couldn't tell you.

He became something of a fan it seems and quite a regular follower of Derbys fortunes.

Are you sure you’re not getting muddled up with Shankley?

55 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

I queued up to pay behind Archie Gemmill at the Coop petrol station at Five Lamps a couple of weeks ago. just sayin'.

I had a chat with Gareth Roberts queuing up to pay in Sainsburys petrol station on the Wyvern. Wonder which one is shorter?

1 hour ago, DCFC Ram said:

I queued up to pay behind Archie Gemmill at the Coop petrol station at Five Lamps a couple of weeks ago. just sayin'.

5 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Once queued up behind Scott Gemmil in the same establishment. About 1996 though.

This is getting good.

(i was trying to extract this to create a new thread but it wouldn’t let me quote @DCFC Ram )

i once saw mr and mrs Roy McFarland walk into Laura Ashley’s in Homebase 

she seemed to be wearing the trousers and was possibly in a bit of a mood. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Are you sure you’re not getting muddled up with Shankley?

it's possible, my dad told me this about 20 years ago . But it appears neither could get enough either way.

I did see Archie Gemmill walking a dog in markeaton park and Paul Williams come out of the Travellers rest dressed as al capone carrying a tommy gun one Christmas.

I was well into my 40's before Big Sis happened to mention... rather nonchalantly I may add... that she just so happened to have dated a certain Mr A Gemmill, "Some time during the early 70's".

So Sis, you didn't think to mention this at the time then, when this particular impressionable young Rams fan could have bragged to all his mates that sis was dating one of the top players at one of the top clubs in the land!... even if it was just the one date!  (She's no looker, to be fair!  LOL!)

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was well into my 40's before Big Sis happened to mention... rather nonchalantly I may add... that she just so happened to have dated a certain Mr A Gemmill, "Some time during the early 70's".

So Sis, you didn't think to mention this at the time then, when this particular impressionable young Rams fan could have bragged to all his mates that sis was dating one of the top players at one of the top clubs in the land!... even if it was just the one date!  (She's no looker, to be fair!  LOL!)

I think she’s pulling your wotsit. Mr A Gemmill was married before he left Preston in 1970. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think she’s pulling your wotsit. Mr A Gemmill was married before he left Preston in 1970. 

Then I may well have the timing wrong, so apologies for that.  It certainly happened, albeit only the one date, I believe.

Having said that, she did go on to date and eventually marry a guy that was already married (when they met) so who knows!   Being a Derby family, (and not Nottingham) she is not the sort of sister to go pulling my wotsit!  ?

Archived