Grounds for Concern

Redlandram

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually see where this goes. If Boro win their action against the EFL what happens? It wouldn't then be just Boro that presumably then claim unfair treatment the whole division could claim the same.  Also, if Boro win their claim how does that effect us? If the EFL tried to retrospectively doc points and slap a transfer ban or fine us etc. Mel would rightly peruse them for every penny they had.

1 hour ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I don't actually see where this goes. If Boro win their action against the EFL what happens? It wouldn't then be just Boro that presumably then claim unfair treatment the whole division could claim the same.  Also, if Boro win their claim how does that effect us? If the EFL tried to retrospectively doc points and slap a transfer ban or fine us etc. Mel would rightly peruse them for every penny they had.

Hell yeah... You tell 'em Mel... If they come after you, take them to a library, and give 'em hell! 

Just my two cents...

When requesting a valuation and when in contact with the people who valued the stadium, Mel told them about his plans for the stadium over the next 5-10 years, talked about the retractable roof, extension on the concourse with bars/restaurants, and thats bumped up the value of it due to the income that these things will bring in.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Just my two cents...

When requesting a valuation and when in contact with the people who valued the stadium, Mel told them about his plans for the stadium over the next 5-10 years, talked about the retractable roof, extension on the concourse with bars/restaurants, and thats bumped up the value of it due to the income that these things will bring in.

I really can't see that.  (I know nothing, of course!).

Yeah, whatever planning permission is in place could well be taken into account, (I presume?) but surely it's down to the current value, at the time of the valuation?

If the Valuers told Mel it would be worth £80m "IF" he put the roof on, and added the concourse, that doesn't make it worth £80m now (at the time).

Future plans must surely be ignored in this instance?  No?

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah, whatever planning permission is in place could well be taken into account, (I presume?) but surely it's down to the current value, at the time of the valuation?

If the Valuers told Mel it would be worth £80m "IF" he put the roof on, and added the concourse, that doesn't make it worth £80m now (at the time).

I don't have a scooby doo to be honest! Just an idea that sprung to mind

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not really.  You have a piece of land to sell, just as a piece of land, for around £100k.  You then get approved planning permission for 5 houses on that land and you can then sell it for £1m...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Not really.  You have a piece of land to sell, just as a piece of land, for around £100k.  You then get approved planning permission for 5 houses on that land and you can then sell it for £1m...

I think that's what I'm saying. 
Planning permission taken into account, but surely once the houses are built, and the land PLUS (actual) houses are put up for sale, the valuation goes up again?  

Otherwise, the actual physical completed houses (or Mel's roof and concourse) are worthless, as they add no more value in reality as they did back when they only appeared on the plans?

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure Mel said on Talksport he could have waited until the roof was on and the venue was operating, then have it valued.

The value would have been double and others would really moan once he paid himself £150m for the ground.

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm sure Mel said on Talksport he could have waited until the roof was on and the venue was operating, then have it valued.

The value would have been double and others would really moan once he paid himself £150m for the ground.

That would make more sense to me, and my way of thinking!  Plans come to fruition... value goes up!

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

That would make more sense to me, and my way of thinking!  Plans come to fruition... value goes up!

He could sell it back to the club the day before the roof goes on at the same price, have it revalued shortly after, then buy it back for double.

Just for Gibson giggles like.

Archived