We will still finish above Forest

MackworthRamIsGod

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah, we won’t.

They have better players than us, simple as that. If we had a semi competent recruitment team that could conduct a transfer window with even an ounce of success, then it probably wouldn’t be the case. But we don’t, so at the moment our team simply isn’t as good as theirs. Not cocus fault particulary, but it’s the truth.

We will struggle I agree...in terms of recruitment, if the club is really behind Cocu and his project I would have thought that we will be looking beyond these shores not just over the Hadrian wall. You would think that PC and his team know a lot more about the dutch players to start with than championship, L1 or L2 players. Mind you we may have blown a lot of the transfer budget on Rooooooooooney!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We will struggle I agree...in terms of recruitment, if the club is really behind Cocu and his project I would have thought that we will be looking beyond these shores not just over the Hadrian wall. You would think that PC and his team know a lot more about the dutch players to start with than championship, L1 or L2 players. Mind you we may have blown a lot of the transfer budget on Rooooooooooney!

Pretty sure there was an article or something recently that said we don’t even have any foreign scouts? For a club our size that’s absolutely shocking, our recruitment team is a pissing embarrassment and I don’t think we put anywhere near enough emphasis on sorting it out. Well just get more of the same players I’m sure.

The beauty of this division is that you can be distinctly average or worse for two thirds of the season, and still finish in the top six if you put just one genuinely good run together.

What Forest do shouldn’t matter. The focus should be on us and what we need to do to improve.

Time is on our side. A 46 game season gives us plenty of time to get our act together.

Cocu needs to figure out his best team and the best system and put some belief and time behind it.

Maybe that, or some shrewd business in January, will turn the tide.

30 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The beauty of this division is that you can be distinctly average or worse for two thirds of the season, and still finish in the top six if you put just one genuinely good run together.

What Forest do shouldn’t matter. The focus should be on us and what we need to do to improve.

Time is on our side. A 46 game season gives us plenty of time to get our act together.

Cocu needs to figure out his best team and the best system and put some belief and time behind it.

Maybe that, or some shrewd business in January, will turn the tide.

I agree, as poo as we look at times there is some elements of promise and as we saw last season 3 very good players can make a mediocre team good enough for top 6, hopefully Rooney is a transformative addition to the team, then if we get a quality ball playing CB and a creative CM similar to Hughes we will be much better. Then as Fulham and Villa  have done go on a run and go up. Unfortunately I expect we will either not back Cocu and sign nobody else leaving us short on quality or sign a few wasters like Butterfield ,Blackman ,Johnson ect.  for big money and leave us  in a position no better off than if we just used what we have in the academy.

Forest have the edge on us right now but not my much (which is crazy given the size of their squad) which shows there is nothing in this league. I think they will finish above us but that could mean both of us in the top 6 or both missing out depending on how good the teams are in comparison to everything else in this league. Time will tell, I also think they will gamble in Jan and I don’t think we will.

But I’m not bothered about them, I’m bothered about us. It’s starting to come together. The last 3 performances despite having 2 defeats in those games have been a step change to where we were (Huddersfield exempt). He’s come across a system that works for this squad (although I’m gutted Clarke has got nobbled). We created 3 or 4 very good chances yesterday - when did we last do that at city ground? - we created chances against Hull and we battered Boro.

Stick with this team and I think we’ll start getting some more wins as the consistency is starting to come. Keep giving Marriott the chances he’s getting and eventually the blue touch paper will be lit and he’ll go on a scoring run - he’s a natural born finisher. Martin can get goals and assists, Waghorn remains a good option, Lawrence in the 10 role I think can do some serious damage and he’s put 4 or 5 decent games together in a row now. Get wisdom or Evans into centre back and Bielik in midfield where he started the game on fire yesterday and it improves us.

Amid all that I think we have a team capable of having a good chance in the race for 6th place, if we can tweak our midfield and have more box to box players either through the academy or signings in January then combined with Rooney we could push top 2.

I think this season will be a slow burn that will improve as it goes on, gut feel is we may fall short as I don’t think the midfield will be sorted in January but I think we’ll be in a great position to tackle next season when we sort the midfield next summer.

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah, we won’t.

They have better players than us, simple as that. If we had a semi competent recruitment team that could conduct a transfer window with even an ounce of success, then it probably wouldn’t be the case. But we don’t, so at the moment our team simply isn’t as good as theirs. Not cocus fault particulary, but it’s the truth.

not all their players are better than ours , talked about this in the car on the way back yesterday and we were all in agreement that we would only have their keeper, Worrall and Silva in our side

On 09/11/2019 at 21:27, G STAR RAM said:

Agree with this.

It's no fluke that they regularly have less possession but still win games.

Never heard of their manager but hes doing a decent job so far to be fair to him.

Yes I think this would be the neutrals view of the situation. Just saying that Forest are not very good, or they will finish below the Rams doesn't really stack up. Seems Lamouchi knows his stuff and realises what you need to do, to try and get out of this division. I expect Forest to finish 3rd or 4th. For us this season, our position more likely to be mid table. 

13 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

4500.jpg.3f49c1543adcf388ad2fc89f5e0ae6fb.jpg

Not to be picky but we didn't import him, Arsenal did. And they paid £2m for him, and made a profit on him from us.

I refuse to believe there aren't bargains to be had in Europe if we go looking for them. But that would mean upgrading our recruitment team from being one of the worst in the division for an established Championship club.

Archived