We will still finish above Forest

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Forest finishing higher than us TBH, we look a  midtable side , they look like a team that will be in and around the top 6 as they seem to be a team that can just grind out results, they have a game in hand against Reading as well so really they could be 10 points a head of us and top 2now. They aren't great to watch but Cardiff spring to mind as a team that played awful football but got the job done in the end anyway, unfortunately I feel they could be similar.

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can see Forest finishing higher than us TBH, we look a  midtable side , they look like a team that will be in and around the top 6 as they seem to be a team that can just grind out results, they have a game in hand against Reading as well so really they could be 10 points a head of us and top 2now. They aren't great to watch but Cardiff spring to mind as a team that played awful football but got the job done in the end anyway, unfortunately I feel they could be similar.

Agree with this.

It's no fluke that they regularly have less possession but still win games.

Never heard of their manager but hes doing a decent job so far to be fair to him.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Simple as that really.

Not a chance at all. 

Today just showed how easy we are to play against even if you don’t create chances, press us high and we will always give you some hope. 
I can take the odd mistake but what disappointed me most was how we constantly gave away possession, we did it last week but weren’t punished. 
We are absolutely mid-table at present, once Rooney arrives in a jam I think we need to get a few in around him then our situation could change. We need to stay in touch as best as we can 

Yes we will. There is always a team in the championship that comes from nowhere to hit the top 6 in form come the end of the season. This year that’s us, it’s starting to click...add Rooney and a couple of others in Jan and well be flying. Cocu’s nearly there it only needs a few additions. Well finish 5th, those inbred bar stewards 6th, and Rooney will bag the winner against them in the last minute at Wembley. Believe Rams fans, come on your ducking Rams X

Next season we will

Grabban and lolley will leave, and by then rooneys best position would be identified after experimenting in the late season

Just hope they dont go up this season, because next season confident we will wipe the floor with them

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes we will. There is always a team in the championship that comes from nowhere to hit the top 6 in form come the end of the season. This year that’s us, it’s starting to click...add Rooney and a couple of others in Jan and well be flying. Cocu’s nearly there it only needs a few additions. Well finish 5th, those inbred bar stewards 6th, and Rooney will bag the winner against them in the last minute at Wembley. Believe Rams fans, come on your ducking Rams X

I like your optimism, but comparing this teams squad to those of recent years highlights it’s relative weakness to squads that “ just made it” to the playoffs.

My personal optimism lies in the performance of the u23/u18’s and hope that we will see 2-3 players of high quality progress. Realistically this is in mind for next season at earliest though for a strengthening of first team relative to what’s out there at the moment.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Simple as that really.

I admire your optimism but there has been nothing at all this season to suggest that we would. The only thing is that It is their best start to a season since god was a lad and they are still only a few points above us. 

It is a totally poo league. 

Nah, we won’t.

They have better players than us, simple as that. If we had a semi competent recruitment team that could conduct a transfer window with even an ounce of success, then it probably wouldn’t be the case. But we don’t, so at the moment our team simply isn’t as good as theirs. Not cocus fault particulary, but it’s the truth.

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We need to import some foreign talent ASAP.

Serious question for the recruitment team. How much time is spent looking at the European, South American and African markets, and I’m not talking about red wine ? There must be massive value for money and potential out there.

Archived