Cocu

dcfcfan1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Hmm ,ideally you need a ball playing defender who knows when to hoof it.  I remember a story told by Jim Smith once when Eranio and Spencer Prior played together ,Eranio came off the pitch one day and asked Jim "why does Spencer always pass to the crowd"?

It always got a big roar of approval though when Spencer hoofed it into the top tier for no apparent reason.

24 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Hmm ,ideally you need a ball playing defender who knows when to hoof it.  I remember a story told by Jim Smith once when Eranio and Spencer Prior played together ,Eranio came off the pitch one day and asked Jim "why does Spencer always pass to the crowd"?

What is Mark Wright up to these days ?

6 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

If Bogle hadn’t made the mistake today and we’d drawn, I suspect this thread wouldn’t exist or would have been about the progress we’re making.

If britt has scored past us vs boro we would be panicking about relegation...luckily clarke made a fantastic block

I just think this passing out the back is barmy without keogh, who is a decent passer of the ball

6 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Its cocu who encourages this poo , just hoof the ducker ffs

This isn’t ideal... 

you hoof the ball up, you either have to guarantee you’re winning the second ball otherwise you’re inviting another wave of attack on to you and you’re tiring yourself out chasing the opposition. By keeping the ball we’re in theory wearing the opposition out. Yes it comes with risks but don’t you think Cocu (a more football literate bloke than you or I) has weighed these risks up with the rewards?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you watch today? It was only ordinary finishing that stopped us beating them.

Yes I was there.

First half even but second I thought they bossed us. Their Players constantly picking up space and they played the ball side to side very well. 

I actually thought we looked void of ideas because we had two defensive midfielders. Marriott makes runs but the only time I remember him being found was by Lowe in the first half.

Plus we all know Martin is a brilliantly link up player - but that means you need runners off him and players passing it into him. 4-4-2 does anything other than this so playing Martin is pointless.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Plus we all know Martin is a brilliantly link up player - but that means you need runners off him and players passing it into him. 4-4-2 does anything other than this so playing Martin is pointless.

This runners off Martin stuff gets tedious and constantly repeated. He needs players on the pitch that can play one-touch football, that can find space, that can anticipate his passing/knock-downs. Waggy looked slightly more there than Marriott when he came on today. Both fullbacks got it. Lawrence got it.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

We went backwards the day we signed Prior. Having sold Christian Dailly for £5.5 million we spent peanuts on him. We were crying out for the money to be spent on a quality centre back. If only....

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This runners off Martin stuff gets tedious and constantly repeated. He needs players on the pitch that can play one-touch football, that can find space, that can anticipate his passing/knock-downs. Waggy looked slightly more there than Marriott when he came on today. Both fullbacks got it. Lawrence got it.

Isn’t that the same thing I’m saying?? But when Waggy came on we went to one defensive midfielder and they’re defending a game out so always going to look better.

Straight up - I can’t understand why he was playing 4-4-2 with two defensive mids and expecting something different from other away days.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Isn’t that the same thing I’m saying?? But when Waggy came on we went to one defensive midfielder and they’re defending a game out so always going to look better.

Straight up - I can’t understand why he was playing 4-4-2 with two defensive mids and expecting something different from other away days.

If the defensive mids were better footballers...

We are horrendously short of good footballers it seems to me. (Although I am getting slowly more p*ssed atm!)

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If the defensive mids were better footballers...

We are horrendously short of good footballers it seems to me. (Although I am getting slowly more p*ssed atm!)

I think it’s better footballers all round but isn’t Cocu supposed to be making them better?

Either way I’m puzzled and frustrated and it’s two weeks we need to wait until the next game which makes me more frustrated.

Just now, rammieib said:

I think it’s better footballers all round but isn’t Cocu supposed to be making them better?

Either way I’m puzzled and frustrated and it’s two weeks we need to wait until the next game which makes me more frustrated.

We weren't that bad today that a bit of luck (striking the ball better), wouldn't have seen us beat them easily.

Archived