Cocu

dcfcfan1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Love him, can see progress, speaks well, we played really well in the first half

But please please stop and abandon this pissing around with it at the back. Never worked, never will work, never has worked

Gary-Rowett-900093.jpg

Hi Gary

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Is it just me or has his English improved quite a bit already? Okay, he'll never be great talker but he seems to be more fluent nowadays.

Just natural when you're using it all the time it becomes much more fluid. I think he's settling more and more and that's starting to show through in his media as well.

Thought he was gutless today and the away approach is getting tiring. Just played decent home to Boro and walki big to the game I thought ‘great - he’s going for it again’.

Then we line up 4-4-2. Lawrence, wasted on one wing, Holmes poor on the other and then two defensive mods just sitting there.

Cue defence pass to Shinnie/Bielik/Holmes, cue ball goes back to defence. Status quo resumes time after time. Then hey guess what, we’re not good enough and concede a stupid goal and hey guess what, we don’t score away so we’re never going to get in the game.

Why not be ballsy and gone out the same tactics as last week? Why not play Lawrence where he can have an effect.

Watching us play away is painful and frustrating.

We hear how good Cocu supposedly is but these away performances are simply dreadful and extremely naive.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just natural when you're using it all the time it becomes much more fluid. I think he's settling more and more and that's starting to show through in his media as well.

Aye, I know a bit about it as English has been my main language for a while now... but it's still just my third best. I just hope he settles down well and adapts to the demands of the Championship quickly. Better ability to communicate doesn't harm at all.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Thought he was gutless today and the away approach is getting tiring. Just played decent home to Boro and walki big to the game I thought ‘great - he’s going for it again’.

Then we line up 4-4-2. Lawrence, wasted on one wing, Holmes poor on the other and then two defensive mods just sitting there.

Cue defence pass to Shinnie/Bielik/Holmes, cue ball goes back to defence. Status quo resumes time after time. Then hey guess what, we’re not good enough and concede a stupid goal and hey guess what, we don’t score away so we’re never going to get in the game.

Why not be ballsy and gone out the same tactics as last week? Why not play Lawrence where he can have an effect.

We hear how good Cocu supposedly is but these away performances are simply dreadful and extremely naive.

and hey, guess what, another knee jerk reaction from our stupid fans.

The performance wasn't dreadful or naive

To be fair there is quite a bit in this ,TL is a 10 no argument and to play him centrally one week and get a performance out of him then stick him on the wing the next is just plain stupid 'Where I do have sympathy with Cocu is we should have bought Marrott OR Waghorn we have  compounded the issue by Rooney joining and trying to shoehorn players into a system to accommodate[ to be fair] our better players . 

We need to be brave and have a clear out and balance the team with the right in comings in Jan.  

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Another bloody clearout? Seems they solve everything. ?

Well we have plenty of competent [I'am being kind here]players for a couple of positions and sub standard ones for quite a few more .I don't normally knock players but lots on here jazz themselves about Holmes but at the end of the day it just shows how far we have regressed in the midfield area because he ain't good enough compared to what we have sold / let go etc. 

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Well we have plenty of competent [I'am being kind here]players for a couple of positions and sub standard ones for quite a few more .I don't normally knock players but lots on here jazz themselves about Holmes but at the end of the day it just shows how far we have regressed in the midfield area because he ain't good enough compared to what we have sold / let go etc. 

Perhaps Anya will be fit? ?

Yeah we do need one or two quality acquisitions though. 

4 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Love him, can see progress, speaks well, we played really well in the first half

But please please stop and abandon this pissing around with it at the back. Never worked, never will work, never has worked

I do find it uncomfortable to watch the playing it out from the back, always a mistake about to happen but would hoofing it up to the opponents centre halves be a better option ?

Archived