A warning to anyone Derby city centre

B4ev6is

If anyone in Derby city centre please be very ver very careful as river in Derby city centre broke it banks the city going to lock down. Public transport some have stop running if you have friends in city centre or places to stay I recommand try find some were to stay the night.

I have never seen anything like that all my life so please everyone be safe.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If anyone in Derby city centre please be very ver very careful as river in Derby city centre broke it banks the city going to lock down. Public transport some have stop running if you have friends in city centre or places to stay I recommand try find some were to stay the night.

I have never seen anything like that all my life so please everyone be safe.

Were you caught up in it B4? 

Hope your ok.

I just managed to get out after 3 hours trapped in there. My advice to anyone in there- if you’re physically able to, walk as far out the centre of Derby as possible. Nothing is going in or out atm apart from Pedestrians. Managed to walk towards allestree myself and proceeded from there by road- didn’t get hit by any stray Derby players after their Friday night drinks either, which is a bonus?

Got out at palm court in the rain and walked into Derby as it was preferable. Duffield Road was a mile of solid metal . The only time I've seen traffic this bad in the city was when Take That were expected at the Radio one roadshow at Markeaton and Luke Goss turned up instead.   The air quality in Derby tonight must be like sucking on an exhaust.  Pity anyone trying to get out the Royal Derby car park it's horrific at the best of times.  I won't expect any reply confirming this as I doubt your home yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another warning to people in Derby City Centre, please dont go to the market square expecting to be impressed by Derby City Councils latest waste of money.

£120,000 on that?! I think I could easily find someone to make something of that quality for £20,000 to £30,000.

Numerous homeless people within a stones throw of this really shows that the council are getting their priorities completely wrong.

What exactly does Derby gain from this? Its literally 4 lumps of iron with flashing leds on. 

Rant over.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Another warning to people in Derby City Centre, please dont go to the market square expecting to be impressed by Derby City Councils latest waste of money.

£120,000 on that?! I think I could easily find someone to make something of that quality for £20,000 to £30,000.

Numerous homeless people within a stones throw of this really shows that the council are getting their priorities completely wrong.

What exactly does Derby gain from this? Its literally 4 lumps of iron with flashing leds on. 

Rant over.

Would be justified if was good enough to attract people to the centre,  like Nottingham market.  But its pants.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Would be justified if was good enough to attract people to the centre,  like Nottingham market.  But its pants.

Ye Gads man!  You're bloody obsessed wi the place!  Why don't you just come out, and change your username to Paul30-05-79!   ?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Rant over.

Whoever it was, that authorised the money for this crap. Actually see an example of what they were buying. If they did, I'd advise them to get an eye test. If they didn't and they fell for some smooth talking spiv's spiel, then they should no longer hold a position where they can waste ratepayers money.

Now if we had something like this running up St Peter's St.

0_LEC_EKR_100919_LIGHTS.jpg.e0919431c9e5d11498ac560a029d1b46.jpg

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Whoever it was, that authorised the money for this crap. Actually see an example of what they were buying. If they did, I'd advise them to get an eye test. If they didn't and they fell for some smooth talking spiv's spiel, then they should no longer hold a position where they can waste ratepayers money.

Now if we had something like this running up St Peter's St.

0_LEC_EKR_100919_LIGHTS.jpg.e0919431c9e5d11498ac560a029d1b46.jpg

I dont think thet look bad, can just think of better uses for that amount of money.

I mean we are talking one tenth of a Shaun Barker type fee here.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Exactly.

They've replaced an ice rink which people actually wanted to use, with 4 lumps of metal and £10 led lights.

Don’t know about that, we are over in 2 weeks and all your comments mean it is a must not miss for me?

Archived