Fireworks, bonfires, mushy peas. An

dog

I live in Nottingham. It's going crackers at the moment.

New dog (rescue hound) has been with us for a week and has spent every evening cowering in different corners of the house as yet more uber bangers rattle the windows of NG9.

Bonfires stink out the locality since most of them are damp collections of rotten wood with late autumn barbecue oil squirted on to try and get them going. 

Mushy peas? Mushy peas? The Italians invented pizza,  curry from India, the poles do wonders with dumplings, the Chinese have (well) Chinese food. And all that Nottingham and its shire has done is invent mushy peas.

And they are proud of it.

I mention gingerbread, sage Derby and Bakewell tart and they shrug and add mint sauce to their peas.

Can we do a definitive list of how Derbyshire offerings to civilization are superior to those from the other side of the M1?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/11/2019 at 19:19, dog said:

I live in Nottingham. It's going crackers at the moment.

New dog (rescue hound) has been with us for a week and has spent every evening cowering in different corners of the house as yet more uber bangers rattle the windows of NG9.

Bonfires stink out the locality since most of them are damp collections of rotten wood with late autumn barbecue oil squirted on to try and get them going. 

Mushy peas? Mushy peas? The Italians invented pizza,  curry from India, the poles do wonders with dumplings, the Chinese have (well) Chinese food. And all that Nottingham and its shire has done is invent mushy peas.

And they are proud of it.

I mention gingerbread, sage Derby and Bakewell tart and they shrug and add mint sauce to their peas.

Can we do a definitive list of how Derbyshire offerings to civilization are superior to those from the other side of the M1?

Are you new here?

Those aren’t fireworks, just gun shots

Archived