Sign in to follow this  
SchtivePesley

Flooding

Hope everyone is safe - seen some pretty grim flooding in the Matlock/Darley Dale areas, and I had a wander up the river in town earlier today and there are lots of footpaths underwater

Incredibly I managed to get a train back to Derby from Leeds for the match tomorrow through all the flooding.... only to end up trapped in INTU because the roads are ducked. Brilliant. God knows how I’m getting out of here, but any excuse for a pint I guess.... 

Took me 2 hours to get home from Alfreton, I live between Friar Gate and Markeaton Island, can't remember it so bad. Once the A52 goes, we all go.

I noticed the farmland next to the Derwent at Little Eaton Island has completely disappeared. Just a lake with a bunch of trees popping out. 

2 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Don't worry everyone, Boris Johnson has arrived in Matlock. He's sorting it out.

I wish I had gone down, there looks a lot of people. Not sure he can do much about all that water. Do you know if the trains are running tomorrow?

Stay safe everyone. Remember  don’t cross flooded roads, you don’t know what’s washed away under the water. We’ve got the opposite at the moment drought and bushfires. Smoke is that thick can’t see the mountains behind us. Over 100 houses lost over the border last night.

19 minutes ago, sage said:

My train to York got cancelled so had to drive. The cheeky fookers wont give me a refund either. 

You’re joking. What’s the reason for no refund? Is there some small print that says in the event of a flood which is out of their control? 

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

I wish I had gone down, there looks a lot of people. Not sure he can do much about all that water. Do you know if the trains are running tomorrow?

Oh, actually I was doing a bit of irony there. I'm sure he won't be able to do much about it, he's a bell.

22 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Oh, actually I was doing a bit of irony there. I'm sure he won't be able to do much about it, he's a bell.

Well King Canute couldn’t hold it back or is that King Bamford? 

I think the trains are cancelled tomorrow too 🙁

9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Hang on! I take it back, he is sorting it.

Screenshot_20191108-222451_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bd184825febe2b2deeb3b196dcbf08ee.jpg

He has worked his magic all the water has gone. That was some mopping, from what I saw there was gallons of the stuff. Just goes to show no job is too big for Boris. Shame he couldn’t get the train track open.

Edited by Van Gritters

30 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

He has worked his magic all the water has gone. That was some mopping, from what I saw there was gallons of the stuff. Just goes to show no job is too big for Boris. Shame he couldn’t get the train track open.

To be fair to Boris, he is human like the rest of us so had to give it a go, Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand hasnt let the floods worry him, what with his water walking abilities 😂

I travelled off the M1 at long Eaton last night and opted to go to Belper up and over via Stanley common.

Good job I didn’t go down the A52, I had no idea about all the flooding until I saw it online when I got back, jeez, looked like carnage down there.

It might explain why a strange numbered bus came down our road heading into town?