Flooding

Stive Pesley

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took me 2 hours to get home from Alfreton, I live between Friar Gate and Markeaton Island, can't remember it so bad. Once the A52 goes, we all go.

I noticed the farmland next to the Derwent at Little Eaton Island has completely disappeared. Just a lake with a bunch of trees popping out. 

Stay safe everyone. Remember  don’t cross flooded roads, you don’t know what’s washed away under the water. We’ve got the opposite at the moment drought and bushfires. Smoke is that thick can’t see the mountains behind us. Over 100 houses lost over the border last night.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

I wish I had gone down, there looks a lot of people. Not sure he can do much about all that water. Do you know if the trains are running tomorrow?

Oh, actually I was doing a bit of irony there. I'm sure he won't be able to do much about it, he's a bell.

30 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

He has worked his magic all the water has gone. That was some mopping, from what I saw there was gallons of the stuff. Just goes to show no job is too big for Boris. Shame he couldn’t get the train track open.

To be fair to Boris, he is human like the rest of us so had to give it a go, Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand hasnt let the floods worry him, what with his water walking abilities ?

I travelled off the M1 at long Eaton last night and opted to go to Belper up and over via Stanley common.

Good job I didn’t go down the A52, I had no idea about all the flooding until I saw it online when I got back, jeez, looked like carnage down there.

It might explain why a strange numbered bus came down our road heading into town?

Archived