Rams Memories

Brammie Steve

3 minutes ago, chadlad said:

I was there stood on the pop-side with some school mates, what an atmosphere, what a night!

Early Clough/Taylor days and still in 2nd division we came from behind to be 1st division Chelsea 3-1 playing some great football.

It was at that point I knew, and my mates knew that we were going places...

Absolutely........best game I ever saw

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Absolutely........best game I ever saw

Still think the game against Benfica was better, however the Chelsea game atmosphere was unreal and we all went home certain we were about to go somewhere and it's in the top 2?.

Bill Shankley said of the Benfica game that the first half was the best performance he had seen by any team at that  time.

There's been a few, some of them mentioned already, but for me, it has to be Sheffield Utd away in the promotion season, 1987. 

Over 9000 of us in the away end, Phil Gee running in on the keeper, slotting it home and cue the biggest 'mental' I've ever had ! My mate Nick dropped his meat pie and lost one of his contact lenses and spent the next ten minutes trying to find it on the terraces.   

https://youtu.be/fgEK4iKU3hs

5 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Too many Baseball Ground moments to cherish so I’m going for our FA Cup win at Tottenham. 3-1 down to a 5-3 win. Stood  around Spurs fans so I had to restrain myself...what a night though?

That's when Cloughie said 'If Davies can do that in a cup game I expect a hat-trick out of him in our next league game or I'm dropping him.'

All part of Lord Brian's man management toolkit!

2 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

There's been a few, some of them mentioned already, but for me, it has to be Sheffield Utd away in the promotion season, 1987. 

Over 9000 of us in the away end, Phil Gee running in on the keeper, slotting it home and cue the biggest 'mental' I've ever had ! My mate Nick dropped his meat pie and lost one of his contact lenses and spent the next ten minutes trying to find it on the terraces.   

https://youtu.be/fgEK4iKU3hs

Cost a fortune them pies did!

For Commentary alone - interesting interesting..... very interesting ..... just look at his face

For Best Goal live - Strupar v Everton 2001 I thought we were going to pull off an amazing comeback that day, and then stay up and John Gregory could have been the next ...... I dunno ... David Moyes

From Vid Clips - Charlie George smacking one in on a European night - not seen it in years so not even sure who against where or when.

Oddball moments - I saw Poom score against us - mixed emotions but a memory I will never forget

Outrageous Skill Live - Eranio did something super human in the corner flag D against Gloucester at Meadow park in pre-season about 2 yards in front of me and it made me think he was like a god or something, it was definately a miracle, the gloucester defender ended up looking at me and I was like "I dunno where he went either mate"

Outrageous skill TV - circa 2015 Hughes and Bent v Wolves

Blimey...seen so many uber moments down the years but for me it has to be Leeds away last season. Was on a high for weeks. Loved the Phil Gee goal in the 80s promotion season v Leeds too. Loved seeing Hunter not biting anyones legs but actually sitting on his butt on the Baseball Ground mud.  See I just dont like Leeds. But its done now....

Archived