League Cup/Liverpool

Sith Happens

Liverpool have to play in the League cup, and then the club world cup within 24 hours. 

Cant help but feel that this and the fact there will be no entry into the europa league from next season that its the nail in the coffin for the trophy in its current format.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/11/2019 at 18:54, Paul71 said:

Liverpool have to play in the League cup, and then the club world cup within 24 hours. 

Cant help but feel that this and the fact there will be no entry into the europa league from next season that its the nail in the coffin for the trophy in its current format.

Don’t say that to Colchester Utd players. Their reaction to the draw was fantastic!

said it before and i'll say it again, would love for the EFL trophy to only be teams in the Champ. Lg1, Lg2, premier league teams bar man city dont seem to take it serious, and when they do (For example Liverpool) they get shafted for it and have to play two games in 24 houirs ? 

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

said it before and i'll say it again, would love for the EFL trophy to only be teams in the Champ. Lg1, Lg2, premier league teams bar man city dont seem to take it serious, and when they do (For example Liverpool) they get shafted for it and have to play two games in 24 houirs ? 

EFL Trophy is the one that involves League 1 and below.

EFL Cup is what you're thinking of (currently Carabao Cup); and I agree with you. PL teams don't want to be in it and its run by the EFL, not the FA; Make it Champ and below.

Despite being "qualifying members", don't these clubs still have to "apply" each year, to take part?  Sure I read something along those lines a few years back (unless that was specifically the FA Cup?).

If so, I do wonder why some of these top clubs still bother to enter these cup competitions nowadays.

Archived