Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Same team for me, although I suppose you could argue for resting Marriott and putting a winger in to go back to a 4231 since we’re away from home. Prefer we just stick at it and go at them though imo, trying to be cautious away from home hasn’t exactly worked so far! We’ve found something that looked like it was working, so let’s stick with it and go all guns blazing. 

We all know this is no ordinary match, it’s gonna be a battle with probably a red card in there somewhere- it’s certainly not gonna be pretty stuff. To come out of there with a win we need to know how to overcome this, show the fight and desire to shock forest at their own place, and most importantly show the most mental strength in an always nervy affair. Much of what you’d normally expect often goes out the window in games like this, right now I just want a win however it comes!

Like you I would opt for the same starting eleven. The selection will show us much about Cocu's thinking, the 11 last week were chosen  with Boro in mind. Did he see enough to convince him that the same approach could deliver on a regular basis?

I don't often agree with Ramage but I want to see us giving it a go on Saturday. After recent away results a point will be a good outcome.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Like you I would opt for the same starting eleven. The selection will show us much about Cocu's thinking, the 11 last week were chosen  with Boro in mind. Did he see enough to convince him that the same approach could deliver on a regular basis?

I don't often agree with Ramage but I want to see us giving it a go on Saturday. After recent away results a point will be a good outcome.

It will be interesting to see I’m sure, personally I think he’ll revert to a 4231 but I really hope we just go at them and aim for the win. Trying to defend with the quality of our defence is suicide.

Whenever we play them I get all sweaty and feverish. I had a narrow escape. When I first moved to Derby a friend took me to Forest V Liverpool. He some hospitality tickets from work. The result was a draw but I didn’t see much as I got food poisoning from the tepid carvery. I spent the whole second half heaving my guts out from every orifice. Terrible place. ! 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Whenever we play them I get all sweaty and feverish. I had a narrow escape. When I first moved to Derby a friend took me to Forest V Liverpool. He some hospitality tickets from work. The result was a draw but I didn’t see much as I got food poisoning from the tepid carvery. I spent the whole second half heaving my guts out from every orifice. Terrible place. ! 

Pretty sure i would have the same reaction from watching both Forest and Liverpool on the same pitch.

Reading the ‘Forest tickets’ thread is depressing. People are saying that there’s no point going because we’re crap away from home and Forest are half decent this year.

Do people not understand football? How many times have teams been written off before coming back to surprise everyone? How many Norwich fans were kicking themselves for not bothering to go to their game against Man City this season, simply because they thought they would get battered? How many Derby fans were kicking themselves for not going to Elland Road last season? I remember one clown on Twitter essentially mocking anyone who thought we had a prayer in that second leg. Of course we had a prayer - we were only 1-0 down for duck’s sake!

Forest are 4 points above us. Four bloody points. It’s hardly Belper Town travelling to Real Madrid, is it? Plus, we’re off the back of a good win, so optimism should be high. 

What’s the point in only going when you think we’re going to win? Nothing is better than getting victory when you least expect it, as we showed at Old Trafford, Carrow Road and Elland Road last season. It goes back to what I was saying after Wembley - I really do question the mentality and moral fibre of some people. Don’t down tools at the slightest sign of difficulty (financial considerations aside), but carry on as you were and you might just witness something special.

I for one can’t wait for Saturday. Let the Forest fans throw bottles, coins and piss at us all they want. It will be all the more sweet if we win.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I for one can’t wait for Saturday. Let the Forest fans throw bottles, coins and piss at us all they want. It will be all the more sweet if we win.

You're not selling this to me, to be honest! Is it ok to take a brolly? (Asking for a friend.)

Reading the ‘Forest tickets’ thread is depressing. People are saying that there’s no point going because we’re crap away from home and Forest are half decent this year.

Do people not understand football? How many times have teams been written off before coming back to surprise everyone? How many Norwich fans were kicking themselves for not bothering to go to their game against Man City this season, simply because they thought they would get battered? How many Derby fans were kicking themselves for not going to Elland Road last season? I remember one clown on Twitter essentially mocking anyone who thought we had a prayer in that second leg. Of course we had a prayer - we were only 1-0 down for duck’s sake!

Forest are 4 points above us. Four bloody points. It’s hardly Belper Town travelling to Real Madrid, is it? Plus, we’re off the back of a good win, so optimism should be high. 

What’s the point in only going when you think we’re going to win? Nothing is better than getting victory when you least expect it, as we showed at Old Trafford, Carrow Road and Elland Road last season. It goes back to what I was saying after Wembley - I really do question the mentality and moral fibre of some people. Don’t down tools at the slightest sign of difficulty (financial considerations aside), but carry on as you were and you might just witness something special.

Excellent post ! Battle of Agincourt stuff there ! God for Chrissy, Derby and St Jack ... charge !!!!! ?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Anything less than stuffing them 5-0 will have a tinge of disappointment.

Glory hunter. I’d settle for an own goal and 3 points ?

never the less I would be marginally more cheerful if one of ours comes home with the match ball to go with the 3 points. 

I'd have a fiver on Belper.......

Of course Derby at forest is not the same.....Madrid oozes culture, class and climate in its favour.....?

53 minutes ago, jono said:

Excellent post ! Battle of Agincourt stuff there ! God for Chrissy, Derby and St Jack ... charge !!!!! ?

It’s a Derby so form literally goes out the bloody window it’s who turns up and actually wants it more sure they’ve been decent but aren’t they always this time of year ? ?? there were sparks on Saturday of a good partnership upfront with Lawrence martin and Marriott a run of games and someone will be getting a battering...

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Spot on! This is effectively my home match (although there is 1 mile in it between the Shitty and PP as nearest ground - yes I’ve researched it!), not going sadly as with 2 young kids away games are limited to Playoff Finals, didn’t even bother trying to get one. If we started getting 4,000 tickets again I’d be there regardless of form!! I also have a decent record at the Shitty, only seen the rams lose once in 6 matches (Tyson flag waving game)

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I also have a decent record at the Shitty, only seen the rams lose once in 6 matches (Tyson flag waving game)

Not bad. I think I've seen one win (3-1, Steven Davies penalty), two draws (Rowett's first game and the 0-0 under Rowett) and three losses (Clough's last game, the 1-0 under Lampard and the 3-0 under Cocu). So not great!

One thing I want us to do is score. We haven't done that in our last four Derby games (including home fixtures).

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not bad. I think I've seen one win (3-1, Steven Davies penalty), two draws (Rowett's first game and the 0-0 under Rowett) and three losses (Clough's last game, the 1-0 under Lampard and the 3-0 under Cocu). So not great!

One thing I want us to do is score. We haven't done that in our last four Derby games (including home fixtures).

That was my first win! Nyatanga and Hulse got the others I think. Also went to the 10 men (still ranks as my best away day though I had just moved to Nottingham) and the 1-0 when Bryson scored. So 3 wins, 2 draws (Rowett’s first game when you’d have thought Forest had won the Champions League with their celebrations and the 2-2 in the premier league 98/99 back in the day)

To think in Rowett’s first match, if it wasn’t for the last minute equaliser, the duckers would’ve been relegated!!

10 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

It’s a Derby so form literally goes out the bloody window it’s who turns up and actually wants it more sure they’ve been decent but aren’t they always this time of year ? ?? there were sparks on Saturday of a good partnership upfront with Lawrence martin and Marriott a run of games and someone will be getting a battering...

I love reading that.... form goes out the window my backside does It. How many times down the years has the form team won? How many times have Everton beaten Liverpool recently? 

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Errr yes ! Were not going for relegation are we ? 

Please see later response where I corrected myself. All teams are "going for promotion" at this stage so What I was really trying to do was query why the original post had stated this as if it made the game something extra special. The point I was trying to make was that pretty much every game is one between 2 teams going for promotion at this stage.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Love how the DET write the titles to their articles about this match with comments from Ramage in as “Derby old boy says” rather than naming Ramage because no one would click the article if they did the latter!

Easy to lose hope for people who still continue to open DET articles to be honest.

"Maybe this time it won't be Ramage..." or  "Maybe this time SN has some actual information to share..."

Archived