Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

I think im watching a diffferent game to everyone else. Other than maybe the first 15 - 20 mins i think weve been pretty poor today. Bogles having a nightmare. Marriott and Martin may as well not be on the pitch with no service from midfield. Lawrence back to his pointless position on the wing - barely involved for most of the match. Evans should have been put at cb and kept bielik in midfield - not the other way round.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's usually the most reliable. But the midfield seems to think their job is to stand and admire the creativity of Curtis Davies. 

Stop dropping it off at the feet of the back 5. They don't ever thrive on it. 

This is the biggest problem with dropping Bielik back.

When he's in midfield, he takes the ball and turns upfield. 

Evans just passes it back, hes scared to take risks. He needs to understand if he doesnt take risks, he'll be forcing our defenders to in a far more dangerous position. 

Derby corner won by Bogle.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's just chucking the baby out with the bath water. Why stop it completely?

Because it doest, hasnt and never will work.

We have martin, who is great at holding the ball up and bringing our wingers and cms into play, just get it up to him

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

We're mid table because we don't lump it up to the big man?

No obviously not, but we are handing he game to he opposition. We can’t play that way with he players we have. I know it’s all trendy now a days but only when you have the ability to do it 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

I think im watching a diffferent game to everyone else. Other than maybe the first 15 - 20 mins i think weve been pretty poor today. Bogles having a nightmare. Marriott and Martin may as well not be on the pitch with no service from midfield. Lawrence back to his pointless position on the wing - barely involved for most of the match. Evans should have been put at cb and kept bielik in midfield - not the other way round.

Some people are glass half full, some are glass half empty.  First half was pretty good against a team currently 'challenging' (and not forgetting we haven't exactly been brilliant away from home).  There were encouraging signs, shall we say.  

Second half... least said soonest mended so far!!

6 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Told you guys

I love cocu , support him atm

But if this pissing around at the back dont stop, I want him sacked

Look on the bright side, now you can carry on posting in every thread how good you think Forest are and that they’re definitely going up

To be fair, up to that point I was reasonably happy with our performance. All undone with a basic mistake which, were it uncharacteristic, I would take on the chin. But it’s just the latest in a season long litany of them. Do we have the character in this side to get anything out of this game now? Last season I’d have said yes, not so sure now though. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

TL needed to pass to Martin there.

Is it not obvious to him that starting a run, passing it to Martin, and then CM playing him into space is far more effective than using Martin as a decoy and trying to run the full length of the field on his own?

Martin is the least effective decoy in the Championship. He's no threat running in behind. 

Just now, LazloW said:

Some people are glass half full, some are glass half empty.  First half was pretty good against a team currently 'challenging' (and not forgetting we haven't exactly been brilliant away from home).  There were encouraging signs, shall we say.  

Second half... least said soonest mended so far!!

I thought we looked alright for the first 20 minutes and have done nothing good since then. At the moment were just wsiting for them to score again. We either need a sub or a formation change.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You're watching a different game. I thought we were OK first half but since half time it's all gone seriously wrong.

So far it’s a total Jekyll and Hyde performance.

Good first half promising signs.

secomd half came out half asleep playing as individuals, no movement, no intelligence!

We don’t seem to have the players with he mental attributes to compete at times!

Archived