Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We're only 4 points off the playoffs and we'll only be one behind Forest if we win.

I think he was more likely questioning Forest's promotion credentials, don't forget the league table lies, Johnathan Woodgate told us.

Really don't see us winning this. 

It would be nice if this 4-4-2 diamond suddenly has us click; and we just become a dominant football team for the rest of the season. But it doesn't seem likely.

Our away form hasn't been as much to do with tactics as it has with a lack of energy. The players have just seemed lethargic on the road.

I'd certainly hope for a much better away performance than we've seen, as I'm sure we all would; but I think our overall improvement is going to be a slow-ish process and this has come to soon for us. I think Forest would need to play poorly for us to get anything from this one.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

The players have just seemed lethargic on the road.

Shouldn't be too bad, it's only twenty minutes away. Of course, once the odour of Nottingham gets into their lungs, we'll be lucky to keep the pace up as the body slowly deteriorates and rapidly.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Really don't see us winning this. 

It would be nice if this 4-4-2 diamond suddenly has us click; and we just become a dominant football team for the rest of the season. But it doesn't seem likely.

Our away form hasn't been as much to do with tactics as it has with a lack of energy. The players have just seemed lethargic on the road.

I'd certainly hope for a much better away performance than we've seen, as I'm sure we all would; but I think our overall improvement is going to be a slow-ish process and this has come to soon for us. I think Forest would need to play poorly for us to get anything from this one.

I think that our midfield gets more exposed away from home. 

Bielik is a bit like Huddlestone in that he can tackle if the player is close but people can run beyond him to receive the ball. 

Shinnie is a battler but often finds himself running from one fire to another and Holmes is just poor defensively. 

Having said all that, we do have the firepower to cause them problems if we get possession and believe in our strength rather than worrying about theirs. 

So this game has arrived without any fanfare or interest in all reality 

I might be wrong but aren’t they playing very much like a Rowett team in that they prefer to sit back in numbers and hope to catch teams on the break when they advance and over commit - boring to watch but acceptable if you have been starved of points for many years - oh wait a minute! 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

We're only 4 points off the playoffs and we'll only be one behind Forest if we win.

So you'd consider there are currently 15 teams "going for promotion"? There would be an awful lot of games you could apply that label to. Technically correct I guess but you could say there ar 24 teams still in the hunt.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So you'd consider there are currently 15 teams "going for promotion"? There would be an awful lot of games you could apply that label to. Technically correct I guess but you could say there ar 24 teams still in the hunt.

Yes? Every team is going for promotion - some are just better at it than others. The league is very tight at the moment and yes 15 teams are in the hunt for the playoffs. One win can change everything at the moment. To suggest we aren't going for promotion just because we are 4 points off the playoffs doesn't exactly make much sense does it.

6 Aberdeenshire Rams in the pub for this one. Any other Rams in the area? fancy joining us to watch it?

2 Aberdeenshire Rams coming out from Stonehaven to Inverurie to join at least 4 more Aberdeenshire Rams for this one.

Lunch time games in Commercial Inn 12:30pm Kick Off.https://m.facebook.com/Commercial-Inn-Inverurie-537181143102540/

Notts Forest v Derby County 12:30 Sky Sports on one screen.

Chelsea v Crystal Palace 12:30 BT Sport 1 on another screen.

Tunes on the jukebox.

Then we're going to watch Inverurie Loco Works v Clachnacuddin FC @ Harlaw Park 3pm Kick Off.

Followed by BrewDog Inverurie 5:30pm Kick Off https://www.brewdog.com/bars/uk/inverurie

As for the result.........no one's bothered.......are they?

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Yes? Every team is going for promotion - some are just better at it than others. The league is very tight at the moment and yes 15 teams are in the hunt for the playoffs. One win can change everything at the moment. To suggest we aren't going for promotion just because we are 4 points off the playoffs doesn't exactly make much sense does it.

Your right. What I really meant to do, which I didn't do well at all, is question why Edtheram quoted "2 teams going for promotion" as a special feature of this game. 

6 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Shouldn't be too bad, it's only twenty minutes away. Of course, once the odour of Nottingham gets into their lungs, we'll be lucky to keep the pace up as the body slowly deteriorates and rapidly.

Anyone remember the Celanese? Just saying like 

Same team for me, although I suppose you could argue for resting Marriott and putting a winger in to go back to a 4231 since we’re away from home. Prefer we just stick at it and go at them though imo, trying to be cautious away from home hasn’t exactly worked so far! We’ve found something that looked like it was working, so let’s stick with it and go all guns blazing. 

We all know this is no ordinary match, it’s gonna be a battle with probably a red card in there somewhere- it’s certainly not gonna be pretty stuff. To come out of there with a win we need to know how to overcome this, show the fight and desire to shock forest at their own place, and most importantly show the most mental strength in an always nervy affair. Much of what you’d normally expect often goes out the window in games like this, right now I just want a win however it comes!

Archived