Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

We’ve done well in the main but looked really good in the first 15 Mins before the sub. Beilik being moved back has hampered us and personally I’d switch him and Evans at HT.

Everyones done well enough, Lawrence is looking a threat and is playing with some vision. Marriott was anonymous in for the first 30 but came into it in the latter stages. Lowe is struggling at times but doing ok against a tough pair on the left. Not sure about Holmes who seems a bit out of sorts.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we have this ref earlier this season and he was poo then.

Lawrence looking good, typical Martin play. Clarke was doing well before coming off.

Holmes and Lowe weakest links  although to be expected with who Lowe's defending against (hopefully Holmes scores now)

Derby have every chance to win this, Interesting enough, no review or even discussion on sky regarding the tackle that forced Clarke off early on. I'd like to see Marriott making a few gambles running behind the Forest line, Especially when Lawro is in possesion, Martin remains static and draws attention so a decent run behind the back line could see us nick one. Encouraging though half though

Absolutely fine performance but as with all our fine - good performances we like to undermine them.

Forest controlled the middle of that half purely because our negative passing. Shinnie and Evans were determined that Curtis Davies and Bielik were going to make 1000 passes today. That round the corner ball has been successful and I get that it's not to be used all the time. But you know when you keep knocking it slowly backwards to Davies and a heavily suppressed Max Lowe and from there there's a suicide ball a few times... stop it. Stop putting them under pressure! Knock it in a channel some more.

To make matters worse they then refuse to press up when Martin, Lawrence, Marriott and Holmes are boxing Forest in. They decide to park the bus. 

1 pass then takes 4 of our players out the game. 

Just a period of shirking responsibility or confusing Davies, Lowe and Roos for World Class possession players. 

Other than that infuriating period of negativity it's been pretty good. I'm not sure Evans and Shinnie compliment each other so it's a shame Bielik has had to drop back. 

"Keogh always got a mistake in him"... every time Davies picks up the ball I panic. I rate him as a defender but he's barely better than Shackell on the ball. Hospital pass master. 

Lowe got a hard afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Didn't we have this ref earlier this season and he was poo then

Yep the Cardiff game, where we didn't get a blatent penalty then 30 seconds later gave them one for their striker hand balling then diving. 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Lest we forget

As far as I’m aware, those we remember fought and died for the right for everyone to be able to make their own choices, not for those who choose not to wear one have their actions questioned.

Anyway, he was wearing one in his pre match interview and it’s probably just hidden now. Up the Rams.

A summary of the last minute:

*Forest fans cheer as the ball gets passed out of play*
*Derby fans cheer as the ball gets passed out of play*
*Forest fans cheer as the ball gets passed out of play*

58 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Why isn’t our manager wearing a poppy

Maybe he doesn't feel the need to. Maybe it doesn't resonate to him personally. Thats fine by me.

As a former soldier who has lost friends in combat, I advocate massively the notion that people should wear it because they care and want to, not because its been forced. I want a collective unity. Not a cheap points scoring tabloid driven stunt.

Even if that means only one person does along with me. I feel sad its being watered down and politised in this way. Choices.

Decent game so far. 

Over and out.

Archived