Mr Cocu

Derby blood

I think in the end Mr Cocu, will get us to the promise land, he has had a tough start thank to Frank leaving at the last minute, the drink driving affairs to deal with, his captain not leading by example, so lots to deal with behind the scenes but with Rooney coming into tne team soon, to give us extra experience, I am sure everything will be better with time, in fact I am sure he will get the job done. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve said this before, but he’s not always impressed with his inability to adapt his style to the players we have, particularly the playing out from the back with the centre backs we possess. However, I do agree with his philosophy, and when he speaks I tend to agree with what he’s saying and how he says it. He deserves to get his own signings in and see what he can do. Be nice just to have a second season with the same manager for once. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I’ve said this before, but he’s not always impressed with his inability to adapt his style to the players we have, particularly the playing out from the back with the centre backs we possess. However, I do agree with his philosophy, and when he speaks I tend to agree with what he’s saying and how he says it. He deserves to get his own signings in and see what he can do. Be nice just to have a second season with the same manager for once. 

The counter argument to this is that it's a worse plan long term and it might be more valuable to really embed that ethos in now despite not every player being quite suited to it. 

For its worth I think Clarke probably is suited to that style of play but has had a few issues with confidence and possibly adapting to the division.

Personally I think he's great , most complete and intelligent manager we've had in a long time . Dealt a shitty hand to start with as well mentioned. Likes his possession based football but is also adaptive to the opponent as proved today against Boro , played the midfield diamond to try and exploit Boros weaknesses . I don't think many fans realise how lucky we are to have him . 

10 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Personally I think he's great , most complete and intelligent manager we've had in a long time . Dealt a shitty hand to start with as well mentioned. Likes his possession based football but is also adaptive to the opponent as proved today against Boro , played the midfield diamond to try and exploit Boros weaknesses . I don't think many fans realise how lucky we are to have him . 

totally agree. Read this quote in the paper today and I thought that could well apply to us over the next few months

“When a Ram goes backwards it is not retreating, it moves back to gather more strength”

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

He needs to sort out our away form if we’re hoping to get promoted. Recent away results have been poor and some of the performances awful. Great place to start on Saturday but I don’t have much hope at the moment.

Like under Nigel Clough- good at home, very poor away. Our away form is embarrassing. Hopefully we can sort it out soon.

22 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I agree with this BUT his selection against Forest in the cup was a massive mistake. I hope he takes FA cup more seriously. 

On 03/11/2019 at 01:54, Derby blood said:

I think in the end Mr Cocu, will get us to the promise land, he has had a tough start thank to Frank leaving at the last minute, the drink driving affairs to deal with, his captain not leading by example, so lots to deal with behind the scenes but with Rooney coming into tne team soon, to give us extra experience, I am sure everything will be better with time, in fact I am sure he will get the job done. 

Extra experience at the bar,extra experience drink driving,extra experience putting it about. Can't wait?lol.

Said in next let's hope your right and Rooney does a good job for us

Archived