Bert Mozley RIP

gfs1ram

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bert Mozley played in the first Rams match which I attended - Fulham away 1/5/1952, lost 3 -0, and on two other occasions including L**ds away 24/10/1953, lost 3-1, a game in which John Charles played as well as Albert Johansen, one of the first black players in the English game.

Rest in Peace Bert.

When people die in their late 90's i never really feel sadness. (I'm not heartless. hear me out).

The main feeling i get is a deep sense respect & pride. Everybody has to go someday and to make it to 96? Bloody hell you've done a good job there.

I'm sure he will rest in peace, knowing he got a fantastic innings, with lots of amazing memories.

Congratulations Bert!

My dad wasn't a big reader but when I got him a copy of "When football was fun" by Bert he actually sat and read it.  I've since read it myself and it gives a good indication as to the differences of then and the modern game.  My dad would've been doing his national service in Korea when Bert played but he saw enough of him playing for The Rams to appreciate him.  Respect.  RIP Bert Mozley.

Archived